Introducing the Peugeot 208
The first-generation Peugeot 208 made an instant impact upon its release back in 2012. There were a variety of reasons for this, but it ultimately boiled down to four main factors; it was fun to drive; it was inexpensive to run; it was brimming with character; and it was loaded with technology.
The latest generation of 208 seeks to emulate and surpass the success of its predecessor by introducing a number of improvements. The most notable updates include changes to the vehicle's aesthetics, new hybrid and electric powertrains, and an updated interior design. Truth be told, everything about the 208 has been taken to the next level.
Design and Practicality
The 208 is the perfect alternative to more traditional superminis thanks to its incredible new design. The signature 3-claw lights complement the 208's assertive presence perfectly because of their distinctive appearance. A variety of colours are available, although 'Faro Yellow' and 'Elixir Red' suit the 208's character down to a tee.
Despite being a supermini, 208 is very practical. There's 309 litres of boot space at your disposal even in the electric E-208, which grows to a healthy 1,163 litres once the rear seats have been folded down.
Inside, there's plenty of head and legroom for the driver and passengers. Three adults will fit in the back with no problem at all as the roofline doesn't aggressively slope down.
Interior, Technology, and Safety
Peugeot's i-Cockpit interior enhances your driving experience because of its intuitive layout and stunning appearance. Figure hugging, ultra-comfy seats in a range of materials ensure you'll be able to configure the seating position to suit your preference.
Automatic air-conditioning, Smartphone charging plate, connected 3D Navigation, and parking sensors for the front and rear are all available within the Peugeot 208 range. You certainly won't be left disappointed with the level of kit and comfort available.
The 208 is available with some of the latest safety technologies, which include:
- Peugeot Drive Assist
- Active Safety Brake
- Full Park Assist
- Lane Keeping Technology
- Active Blind Spot Detection
Engines and Performance
- PureTech 75: 3-cylinder 1.2-litre engine with 75bhp, combined with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- PureTech 100: 3-cylinder 1.2-litre engine with 100bhp, combined with a 6-speed manual gearbox.
- HYBRID 100: 100bhp, combined with the e-DCS6 dual-clutch electrified 6-speed gearbox which includes an electric motor.
- HYBRID 136: 136bhp, combined with the e-DCS6 dual-clutch electrified 6-speed gearbox which includes an electric motor.
- E-208: 156bhp with a 51kWh battery, providing up to 248 miles of range.
Each powertrain blends performance and economy perfectly, ensuring trips to the pumps and charging stations are kept to a minimum.
The e-208 has a pure electric driving range of up to 248 miles, thanks to a high-performance battery that is cleverly incorporated into the car's design without impacting on practicality or interior space.
You get 156bhp from the electric motor, which feels extremely spritely on the road because all of the power and torque is available at any point in the motor's speed range. You don't have to build speed like with a petrol or diesel engine - it's more like an on/off switch.
The driving experience is serene. The engine is pretty much silent, and the smooth, responsive acceleration is one of the stand out features of any pure electric car.
Charging the E-208 is both fast and intuitive. Convenience has been a major talking point around electric vehicle ownership, but Peugeot have made it as simple as possible to keep your car topped up with electric juice.
You can plug the car in at home using a wallbox, which our associates can help you arrange to install. This will allow you to charge the car from empty to full in around 7.5 hours, so all you need to do is plug it in overnight, and you'll be good to go in the morning.
hen you're out and about, there are thousands of public charging stations in which to charge your E-208. A standard 50kW charging station will give you a 20 to 80 percent boost in 40 minutes, while rapid charging stations are able to reduce this time to just 20 minutes.
- LED DRL with distinctive 3-claw signature
- LED rear lights with horizontal 3-claw signature
- Front bumper grille in grained black
- 10" SD colour touchscreen
- Wireless Mirror Screen
Key features in addition to Active:
- 16" ‘NOMA’ two tone diamond cut alloy wheels
- 10" HD colour touchscreen
- Front & Rear Parking Sensors
- PEUGEOT i-Connect Infotainment System
Key features in addition to Allure:
- Glass black front bumper grille
- Dark tinted rear side and tailgate windows
- Automatic Mono-zone Climate Control Air Conditioning
- Electric Folding Door Mirrors
- 7" SD Colour Touchscreen
Key features in addition to E-Style:
- 17" ‘YANAKA’ diamond cut two tone alloy wheels
- HD Colour Reversing Camera
- PEUGEOT Open & Go system (keyless entry)
Test Drive the Peugeot 208
The term 'game-changer' is one that's thrown around all too often nowadays. However, the 208 fits under that category perfectly because of its unique design language, hybrid and electric powertrains, and raft of useful everyday technologies. In short, if you're looking for a capable supermini, the 208 should feature on the shortlist as a minimum.
If you're interested in taking a look around one for yourself, then please contact your nearest Evans Halshaw Peugeot retailer today to arrange a viewing.