Motability Adaptations, a welcome addition
The Motability scheme is designed to keep those with disabilities mobile, offering them a range of vehicles and adaptations to tailor to their current needs. This means that as well as a range of brand-new, cutting-edge cars available to choose from, there is also the possibility to specify adaptations for their chosen vehicle.
These adaptations are available to make the driving experience easier, more convenient and whilst keeping you and other road users safer. Adaptations include hand controls, pedal modifications, stowage systems and access aids.
- Ideal for those who find using pedals difficult
- Replaces accelerator and brake pedal with pull/push device operated by hand
- *Can only be used with automatic gearbox vehicles
- Steering wheel ball recommended for hand controlled vehicles - making it easier to steer
- Ring or trigger accelerators attached to steering wheel also available
- Remote control devices for wipers and headlights also possible
- Modifications can be made for those who find standard layout difficult
- If mobility is restricted in right leg, a left foot accelerator can be fitted
- Pedal extensions also available for safer and easier operation
- Good for those who need to hoist a wheelchair or mobility scooter into their vehicle
- Either 2-way or 4-way hoists - depending on weight of your mobility aid
- These can take up considerable space, often needing seats to be folded - something to think about when choosing your vehicle
- Rooftop stowage units also available, if you need your boot for other storage purposes
- Transfer plates available, via manual operation, self strength needed to lift yourself in and out of the vehicle
- Electric person hoists also available, but require a second person to operate
Contact Evans Halshaw to tailor your perfect adaptations
The Motability scheme has been making it easier for those with disabilities to stay mobile year after year. It is now possible to make adaptations to a wide range of vehicles from many leading manufacturers.
Still need some guidance or help? Take a look at the links below, or contact your chosen Evans Halshaw today to find out more.