MOT Centre near me
With approved VOSA MOT stations located nationwide, you're never too far away from an Evans Halshaw dealership that can complete an MOT.
All work is carried out by our fully MOT trained vehicle technicians, using the latest workshop technology, tools and vehicle diagnostics equipment. Our team is ready to give you accurate and honest advice to help you get your car or van through its MOT test as smoothly as possible.
You can even book your MOT online. Simply select from our network of dealers and choose a date and time that's convenient for you.
MOT Preparation Tips
Here are some simple tips to prepare your car before the MOT test:
- Check your washer fluid and wipers are working
- Check your windscreen for damage
- Check the horn is working
- Check all lights, indicators and hazards are working
- Check your tyre inflation levels are correct
- Check your tyre condition for damage and tread (the legal minimum is 1.6mm)
- Check the condition of seat belts and ensure they engage properly
Other points to consider before the test:
- Make sure the boot is not full - the MOT tester may need to look into the boot to examine the rear suspension mounting.
- Make sure there is no bodywork damage that has left exposed, jagged edges as this can result in MOT failure.
We've also compiled a list of simple video tutorials that offers Hands on Help with a number of the tasks above should you need it.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to have your vehicle MOT tested before the expiry date of its current certificate. If you aren't sure when that is then you can enter your vehicle's registration number on the government's MOT checking website to find out.
Note: You can renew your MOT up to one month before it expires, and it won’t affect your annual expiry date.
If your car is 3 years old and over then by law it’s required to have passed an annual MOT test no more than 12 months ago.
Without an MOT certificate you won’t be able to tax your car and your insurance might not be valid. Passing an MOT also ensures minimum safety and environmental standards are met.