Evans Halshaw Part Exchange
One of the fantastic things about part exchanging your car with Evans Halshaw is that we can help you maximise the value of your current car, helping you to get an even better deal on your next purchase as part of one simple process.
How do we do this? We know the value of your car and we always want more used cars to sell.
We're also invested in your next purchase – we’ll offer you a competitive price for your existing car and we have a price guarantee on your future purchase being the lowest price in the market.
Changing your car need not be a time consuming and complicated process. Be safe and talk to the experts – simply get in touch with us and we'll take your car in part exchange.
What is part exchange?
Part exchange is the process of using your current vehicle as a part-payment against the cost of a new one. You can part exchange your current vehicle for any new or used car, van or truck at any Evans Halshaw dealership.
What are the benefits of part exchange?
- Convenience - It's really easy to arrange the sale of your current vehicle to the dealership from where you are buying your new car.
- Time saving - Once everything is agreed, you simply drive to the dealership in your old car, and drive away in your new one.
- Hassle-free - We take care of all the paperwork and can help settle any existing finance as part of the deal on a new one at the same time you trade it in.
- Simplicity - We'll take any car or van in part-exchange, whatever the age, mileage or condition. We'll even accept more than one car at the same time.
- Great price - Because we're able to sell or trade your car without going through a third party buying service first, we can give you our best possible price.
- Loyalty bonus - It's common for vehicle manufacturers to offer additional loyalty bonuses when trading in your car for a new one from the same brand.
- Scrappage schemes - Some car makers will offer extra financial incentives when trading in an older vehicle for a brand new one - see our latest offers to find out more.
- Safety and security - Part exchanging your car with a reputable brand like Evans Halshaw means your funds will be transferred safely and securely into your bank account.
How does part exchange work?
Part exchanging your car couldn't be simpler. It follows these easy steps:
- Find a new or used car that you like from the thousands we have available.
- Take your car to your nearest Evans Halshaw dealership for an accurate valuation. At the same time, you can agree a deal for your new car. You can also get an indicative valuation online in just a few minutes.
- When you pick up your new car, we'll take care of all the paperwork. Simply hand over the keys to your old car.
What documents and items do I need to part exchange my car?
When trading in your vehicle, you will need to bring the following items:
- Log book (V5C)
- MOT Certificate (if applicable)
- Service history documentation
- Spare keys
- Locking wheel nut key
- Vehicle manual
If your vehicle is on finance, we may need additional documentation to be able to settle your agreement, including:
- Driving licence
- Utility bill or bank statement dated from the last 90 days
- Details of the finance company
- An up to date settlement figure
What is the part exchange value of my car?
The value of your car depends on its age, mileage, condition and service history. You can use our instant online valuation tool to find out the price you'll be paid for the car you want to part exchange. Simply enter a few details and an indicative valuation will be emailed to you within a couple of minutes.
How to get the most amount of money for your part exchange
There are a few simple steps you can take to maximise the value of your part exchange.
- Firstly, it's important that you have all of the correct documentation and important vehicle items as listed above.
- Making sure the interior and exterior of your car is clean and tidy helps too.
- Ensure there are no warning lights illuminated on the dashboard.
- Consider getting a new MOT - having less than three months MOT remaining can reduce a vehicle's value.
What happens to my part exchanged car?
After you have part exchanged your car with us, one of two things will happen. If it meets our criteria for retail sale, we will perform a series of mechanical and cosmetic checks, and prepare it to become one of our Approved or Value used cars. If it doesn't meet certain age, condition or mileage criteria, we will sell the car through a vehicle trader auction.
Enter your vehicle details and we'll send you a valuation for your car in minutes.
Evans Halshaw is the biggest new car retailer in the UK.
View All Offers
Over 25,000 quality used cars available with our well-known price guarantee.
Search Used Cars
Everything about the Motability scheme in one place.
Find Out More