What are nearly-new cars?
Nearly new cars are low-mileage cars that are under 12 months old. They fall into the following three categories:
These are vehicles that have been used exclusively by the selling dealership for the purpose of test drives and demonstrations.
They usually have a few thousand miles on, are under 18 months old and will have been well maintained by the dealership's own technicians.
Pre-registered (pre-reg) cars - also known as "delivery mileage" cars - are vehicles that have been registered to the dealership, and represent great savings from brand new.
These cars will usually have less than 100 miles on. Although virtually brand-new, they are technically sold as a used car because they have been registered.
Benefits of buying a nearly-new car
There are lots of benefits to buying a nearly-new car, including:
- Substantial savings against the cost when the car was new
- Remaining balance of the manufacturer warranty is passed onto the new owner
- They look, feel and drive as if they were brand-new cars
- Immediate availability - nearly-new cars are in stock ready to drive away
- Low mileage - to be classed as nearly-new cars must have less than 5,000 miles on the clock
- Ex-demonstrator and pre-registered vehicles are usually on the latest number plates
- Flexible buying options that allow you to buy your car, your way.
There is no "best time", but vehicle pre-registering tends to happen the most during the plate-change months of March and September.
The level of saving varies greatly depending on the car, whether it is ex-demo, pre-reg or simply a used car, but it can be as much as 25% against the cost when new.
Find your perfect nearly-new car at Evans Halshaw
At Evans Halshaw, we stock a wide range of ex-demonstrator, pre-registered and low mileage used cars across a huge variety of brands.
Our friendly and knowledgeable associates will be happy to assist you in finding your perfect nearly-new car and arrange a test drive for you. To get started, browse our stock of nearly new cars.