Introducing the Peugeot e-208
Peugeot's debut of a fully-electric compact car is this, the e-208. As first attempts go, this state-of-the-art supermini is nothing short of incredible.
Gorgeous feline-like styling, enhanced with the latest technology, ensures beauty is complemented by fully-electric power, with an impressive range and excellent performance.
Experience a serene driving experience, which is beautifully relaxing thanks to the tranquil lack of engine noise. Make no mistake, sheer pleasure and fun has not been taken out of the driving experience.
Low maintenance, fast charging, the freedom to drive in emission restricted zones and exceptionally low running costs make the 208 a compelling ownership prospect.
Range and Performance
The e-208 has a pure electric driving range of up to 248 miles, thanks to a high-performance battery that is cleverly incorporated into the car's design without impacting on practicality or interior space.
You get 136 bhp and 260 Nm of torque from the electric motor, which feels extremely spritely on the road because all of the power and torque is available at any point in the motor's speed range. You don't have to build speed like with a petrol or diesel engine - it's more like an on/off switch.
The driving experience is serene. The engine is pretty much silent, and the smooth, responsive acceleration is one of the stand out features of any pure electric car.
Charging the e-208 is both fast and intuitive. Convenience has been a major talking point around electric vehicle ownership, but Peugeot have made it as simple as possible to keep your car topped up with electric juice.
You can plug the car in at home using a wallbox, which our associates can help you arrange to install. This will allow you to charge the car from empty to full in around 7.5 hours, so all you need to do is plug it in overnight, and you'll be good to go in the morning.
When you're out and about, there are thousands of public charging stations in which to charge your e-208. A standard 50kW charging station will give you a 20 to 80 percent boost in 40 minutes, while rapid charging stations are able to reduce this time to just 20 minutes.
- 16" 'Elborn' alloy wheels
- Automatic air-conditioning
- Pre-heating functionality
- Electric parking brake
- Rear parking sensors
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® with 3.5" instrument panel display
- Automatic windscreen wipers
- Active Safety Brake
Key features in addition to Active Premium:
- Rear bumper with gloss black finish
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®: Configurable 3D head-up instrument panel
- 180° colour reversing camera
- High centre console with two cupholders
- Rear full LED 3D PEUGEOT signature 'Claw Effect' lights
- Dark tinted rear side and tailgate windows
Key features in addition to Allure Premium:
- Front and rear parking sensors
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®: 10.0" capacitive colour touchscreen
- Connected 3D Navigation: includes TomTom Live updates (3 years)
- 17" 'Shaw' diamond cut two-tone alloy wheels
- Gloss black wheel arch extensions
- Blind spot monitoring
- 8-colour interior ambient lighting
- Full LED headlights with Smartbeam Assist
Key features in addition to GT:
- Peugeot Open and Go (keyless entry and push button start)
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go function
- Lane positioning assist (automatic gearbox)
- Seating: Tri-material 'Mistral' black Alcantara and 'Isabella' cloth seat trim with lime green stitch detail
Test Drive the Peugeot e-208
With all the character, technology and interior style of the regular 208, the e-208 adds a brilliantly usable electric powertrain to an already impressive supermini. The excellent EV range and serene driving experience make this the perfect everyday electric car.
To experience the e-208 for yourself, book a test drive at your nearest Evans Halshaw Peugeot retailer.