Used Volvo V90 for sale
The Volvo V90 is a big family estate that's highly practical as well as a pleasant place to spend time. You wouldn't be able to tell it was introduced in 2016 either thanks to sharp styling that still looks great in today's market.
Whilst some opt for other family cars such as the Volvo XC40 and XC70 SUVs, the V90 is still fighting the estate car's corner, making for a great used buy thanks to a range of features such as:
- Well-equipped as standard
- Various powertrains to choose from
- Spacious and high quality interior
- Rugged 'Cross Country' variant
- Excellent safety rating
Engines and Driving Experience
There's multiple powertrains to choose from when browsing the V90 listings, including mild hybrid (MHEV) and plug-in hybrid (PHEV) models.
- B4 Petrol 2.0-litre: 194bhp, 0 to 62mph in 7.9 seconds, circa 43mpg combined
- B5 Petrol 2.0-litre: 247bhp, 0 to 62mph in 6.9 seconds, circa 43mpg combined
- B6 Petrol 2.0-litre: 296bhp, 0 to 62mph in 6.2 seconds, circa 38mpg combined
- B4 Diesel 2.0-litre: 194bhp, 0 to 62mph in 8.4 seconds, circa 51mpg combined
- B5 Diesel 2.0-litre: 232bhp, 0 to 62mph in 7.1 seconds, circa 51mpg combined
- T6 Petrol 2.0-litre: 335bhp, 0 to 62mph in 5.9 seconds, up to 166mpg and 38 miles of EV range with the batteries fully charged
- T8 Petrol 2.0-litre: 385bhp, 0 to 62mph in 5.3 seconds, up to 166mpg and 38 miles of EV range with the batteries fully charged
Traditional petrol and diesel engines can also be found in older models, if you're not quite convinced by hybrid power.
Practicality and Running Costs
Being a Volvo, the V90 is highly practical, but it does sacrifice some space in the name of style due to a sloping roofline. You'll barely notice this when sat inside though, with plenty of head and legroom throughout, there'll be very few complaints flying around the refined cabin.
Boot space is also good, but not quite at the top of the pile as we've come to expect from Volvo cars. 551 litres in its standard setup and 1,517 litres with the seats folded will be more than enough for most, but those seeking the roomiest of estate cars may want to look at something like the Mercedes-Benz E-Class. Cross Country models are the most practical V90 available, with features such as extra ground clearance and protective wheel arches.
Insurance ranges from groups 28 to 44 (out of 50) dependent upon specification, while low-cost servicing and maintenance can be carried out by your local Evans Halshaw dealership.
Interior, Technology and Safety
Similar to other Volvo models, the V90 features a striking dashboard made out of high quality materials that are both plush and durable. With leather seats and a large touchscreen infotainment system as standard across the range, it's near the top when it comes to luxury.
Standard technology is excellent as well; even entry-level models get built-in Google, LED headlights and cruise control. Opt for a higher specification and you'll get the likes of heated front and rear seats as well as an upgraded Bowers & Wilkins audio system.
Volvo cars are renowned for their safety and the V90 lives up to this reputation, receiving the full five-star Euro NCAP rating thanks to a range of available features, including:
- Front, rear and side park assist with 360-degree camera
- Pilot Assist with adaptive cruise control and distance alert
- Rear collision warning and mitigation
- Blind spot assist and cross traffic alert
- Driver Alert Control with lane keeping aid
Is the Volvo V90 right for me?
The Volvo V90 can compete with its rivals thanks to stylish aesthetics, bundles of technology and a comfortable ride. Whilst it's not the at the top of its class in terms of practicality, very few will be unhappy as it still provides enough room for most.
Before getting your heart set on a car, it's worth checking out the competition. German rivals such as the Audi A6 Avant and BMW 5 Series Touring are popular choices and have developed a reputation for being luxurious. If you're working with a smaller budget, the Skoda Superb or Ford Mondeo Vignale are excellent value for money.
Why purchase a used Volvo V90 through Evans Halshaw?
Why choose Evans Halshaw?
At Evans Halshaw, we have a wide variety of quality used vehicles for you to choose from. Each car is carefully selected by our expert teams before making its way through the rigorous preparation process, where it is inspected by a qualified technician and then fully valeted throughout.
All of our vehicles are fully HPI checked, giving you peace of mind when making a decision. In addition, we're able to offer same-day delivery on a selection of used cars, meaning you never have to wait for the car you want.
If you'd like some advice on picking the right car for you, or you've spotted a vehicle and want more information, please contact your nearest Evans Halshaw dealership, where one of our friendly associates will be more than happy to help.