Introducing the Citroën Grand C4 Spacetourer
The Citroën Grand C4 Spacetourer has some big boots to fill. After all, its predecessor, the C4 Picasso, was voted WhatCar Best MPV of the Year in 2014 and 2015. We're pleased to say that the French giants have knocked it out the park with this seven-seat MPV (multi-purpose vehicle).
A clear emphasis has been placed on balancing the needs of the average family with driving pleasure. As a result, the Spacetourer is loaded with loads of unique features that will keep passengers happy, while the driver aids and punchy engines will raise a smile on the driver's face.
Anyone who said MPVs can't be interesting and fun were wrong. You can read about how this one proves them wrong by reading on below.
Design and Practicality
Seven seats in a car can be a cramped affair, but not in the Grand C4 Spacetourer. Citroën have deliberately made the wheelbase longer so that there is acres of leg room for passengers; probably explains why this car is a class-leader.
The seats are split over three rows, with the second and third being gifted the ability to quickly fold flat. 793 litres of storage space is the reward for this versatility, although the standard 632 litres of boot space is hardly miserly.
As part of Citroën's Advanced Comfort® programme, this MPV is beautifully refined. This is thanks to the increased levels of sound insulation that has been utilised throughout the cabin. The silence and space is complemented by the panoramic glass roof, which allows acres of light to flood in.
Technology and Safety
Connectivity and driver convenience are two of the Grand C4 Spacetourer's best traits. The Mirror Screen allows you to connect your smartphone and access your apps safely; it also includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Citroën Connect Nav gives you instant access to a number of the vehicle's functions, including the satellite navigation.
Unsurprisingly, there are a number of driver aids and safety technologies that have been designed to make your driving experience more relaxing. They include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop Function
- Speed Limit Recognition and Recommendation
- 360 degree vision (builds a birds-eye view on the screen when maneuvering)
- Reversing Camera
- Intelligent Beam Headlights
- Citroën Connect Box with SOS Pack (roadside assistance 24/7)
Economy and Performance
The Grand C4 Spacetourer may be a larger MPV, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy efficient engines that return excellent fuel economy. You can opt between two PureTech petrol engines or three BlueHDi engines.
We traditionally recommend looking at the petrol engines if you spend a lot of time around the city. The diesel engines can really be exploited on the open road, and make greater sense if you do a lot of miles on an annual basis. Engine specifications include:
- PureTech 130 Manual (145 g/km and 44 mpg combined)
- PureTech 130 8-Speed Auto (154 g/km and 42 mpg combined)
- BlueHDi 130 Manual (137 g/km and 54 mpg combined)
- BlueHDi 130 8-Speed Auto (137 g/km and 54 mpg combined)
- BlueHDi 160 8-Speed Auto (161 g/km and 45 mpg combined)
Grand C4 SpaceTourer Models
All Grand C4 SpaceTourer models are generously equipped. The entry level Touch Plus model is no exception.
Touch Plus key features:
- Citroën Connect Navigation
- 12” HD display
- Aluminium side profile with integrated roof bars
- Rear parking sensors
- 16” ‘Viper’ alloy wheels
Feel Plus models add some extra comfort and convenience features.
Feel Plus key features:
- Keyless entry and start
- Reversing camera
- Slate grey half leather with black ‘Ondulice’ cloth
- Auto dimming electro-chrome rear view mirror
- 17” diamond cut ‘Pontevedra’ alloy wheels
Top-of-the-line Flair Plus models are truly all singing all dancing with lots of gadgets and gizmos.
Feel Plus key features:
- Panoramic sunroof (with tinted glass and electric sliding blind)
- Foot operated motorised rear tailgate
- Double xenon intelligent beam headlights
- Active cruise control with speed limiter and braking function
- Active lane departure warning and blind spot monitoring system
Test Drive the Citroën Grand C4 SpaceTourer
It's hard to argue with the credentials of the Grand C4 Spacetourer. It's an efficient MPV with bags of character and technology, yet it manages to provide class-leading space for all of its passengers. In short, this is one MPV that you should definitely consider if you're in the market for one as your next car.
If you want some help choosing the right specification for you, or you simply want to have a look around one, then contact your nearest Evans Halshaw Citroën retailer today