Introducing the new Citroën C3 Aircross
Building on the success of the original model, which has sold over 300,000 since launching in 2017, the new C3 Aircross adds further SUV-like design cues and additional personalisation options.
It's a compact yet spacious and practical SUV, with the desirable high driving position that gives a better view of the road.
Citroën has designed the new C3 Aircross to stand out from the significant compact crossover competition by choosing to focus on comfort, space and versatility rather than outright sportiness.
It's proven a popular strategy in the past, and with improved technology the latest generation looks set to carry on the success of its predecessor.
Design and Practicality
Featuring a revised front-end design, the French manufacturer has implemented a more SUV-like design with a "dominating stance", largely thanks to the raised ground clearance and sizeable alloy wheels.
Other SUV styling cues include visible wheel-arch protection, front and rear skid plates and the useful, yet stylish, roof bars.
Practicality is as strong as ever, with the 4.16m long body providing class-leading interior space. Boot capacity is comparable with cars from the segment above, with the standard 410-litre boot extended to 520 litres by simply sliding the rear bench seat forwards. Clever stuff.
Technology and Safety
Inside the new C3 Aircross, a larger 9-inch touchscreen allows occupants to access the Android Auto and Apple CarPlay systems with consummate ease. Tech fans will also be pleased to know that wireless smartphone charging is available, too.
Safety has always been a strong suit of the Citroën brand, and the new C3 Aircross features no fewer than 12 advanced driving assistance systems that make journeys safer, simpler and more enjoyable. Some of those systems include:
- Active safety brake
- Automatic high/low beam headlights
- Speed sign recognition and recommendation
- Colour head-up display
Economy and Performance
There are three choices of engine with the new C3 Aircross, two petrol and and one diesel.
The excellent 1.2-litre turbo petrol comes with 108bhp and a manual gearbox, and should see you well into the late 40s in terms of mpg. It can be upgraded to a 128bhp unit with a six-speed automatic transmission, too.
Or you can opt for the manual 1.5-litre diesel engine, which comes with a manual gearbox and will get you close to 60mpg without too much trouble.
C3 Aircross Models
- 16" 'X Cross' Full Black Alloy Wheels
- Black roof bars
- "YOU!" exterior signature
- Rear parking sensors
- Heated, electrically adjustable, folding door mirrors
- Leather steering wheel
- 60/40 split folding rear seats
- Dark tinted rear windows
- Mirror Screen compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- DAB digital radio with 6 speakers and 7" touchscreen
Key features in addition to YOU!:
- Black colour pack
- Tinted rear windows and rear quarter panel glass
- 16" 'X Cross' Diamond Cut alloy wheels
- Flex load/pull out boot floor
- Automatic headlights and windscreen wipers
- 9" touchscreen
- Voice recognition
Key features in addition to PLUS:
- 17" 'Origami' Diamond Cut Alloys
- Flat folding front passenger seat
- 60/40 split folding rear seats with sliding rear bench, centre armrest and ski flap
- Electric rear windows
- Centre console with closed storage and chrome insert
- 3.5" head-up display
- Keyless entry and start
- Top rear vision reversing camera
- Active safety brake with forward collision alert
- Fog lights integrated into front bumper apron
Test drive the new Citroën C3 Aircross
With improved levels of technology and a freshly enhanced exterior look and feel, the C3 Aircross is better than ever. It remains compact and easy to drive, yet offers remarkable interior room and segment rivals can't come close to its boot space.
To learn more about the new Citroën C3 Aircross, or to book a test drive, contact your nearest Evans Halshaw Citroën retailer.