Introducing the Citroën C5 Aircross SUV
Citroën may have arrived to the large SUV party later than rivals in the same segment, but they've certainly made an entrance worth remembering with the C5 Aircross SUV.
Alongside the sleek styling comes a series of innovative technologies and efficient engines, which make for a serene driving experience that will leave you stress-free after every journey.
Interestingly, Citroën haven't fallen into the trap of trying to make a sporty SUV that can't perform as well as it looks. Instead, they placed their focus on comfort, a choice that has proven to be beneficial to the driving dynamics.
Keep on scrolling down to discover more about the C5 Aircross and its distinctive features.
Design and Practicality
C5 Aircross boasts a truly unique identity that comes courtesy of the smooth and rounded body lines, as well as the subtle exterior features. Complementing the smart appearance are 30 exterior styling combinations and three interior ambiances; you certainly won't struggle personalising the car to match your desires.
Inside you will find Citroën's Advanced Comfort Seats, which benefit from high density foam and acres of adjustability. C5 Aircross is the most modular car in its segment, because the rear seats can individually slide, fold and adjust for incline.
At minimum, you have 580 litres of boot space at your disposal. This can be extended to 720 litres if you play around with the rear seats. Fold those rear seats completely flat and you get 1,630 litres to play with.
Technology and Safety
Each C5 Aircross comes with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions®. We won't bore you with the science, but it's a suspension system that soaks up big impacts and imperfections from the road's surface. As a result, you benefit from an ultra-smooth driving experience.
Advanced soundproofing features throughout the cabin of C5 Aircross. The front windows have been double-laminated with an insulated layer, while a great deal of attention has been paid to preventing noise intrusion from the engine bay. A blissfully quiet ride is the reward of these endeavors.
Packed with 19 driver aid technologies, C5 Aircross ensures you get to your destination safe and sound. Highlights include:
- Hill Start Assist
- Active Safety Brake
- Lane Departure Warning
- Grip Control with Hill Descent Assist
- Highway Driver Assist
Economy and Performance
New engines and gearboxes are what Citroën have made available for the C5 Aircross all of which meet the stringent requirements set by the Euro 6.2 emissions standards.
There's two PureTech petrol engines and three BlueHDI diesel engines to choose from, which are highlighted below:
- PureTech 130 (6-speed manual)
- PureTech 180 (8-speed automatic)
- BlueHDi 130 (6-speed manual)
- BlueHDi 130 (8-speed automatic)
- BlueHDi 180 (8-speed automatic)
C5 Aircross is available as a plug-in hybrid option. The on-board battery and electric motor allow the driver to travel up to 31 miles on all-electric power alone. This model is highly recommended for families who want to save money on fuel and reduce their carbon footprint.
C5 Aircross Models
Specification highlights include:
- Active Safety Brake (with 77GHz radar)
- Active blind spot monitoring system
- Active lane departure warning system
- Automatic dual zone climate control
- Rear parking sensors
- Height adjustable driver and front passenger seat
- Standard Ambience with Grey Silica Cloth
- DAB radio (Digital Audio Broadcasting) Mirror Screen®: MirrorLink® Apple CarPlay™ Android Auto
- 17" 'Ellipse' alloy wheels
Standard features include (in addition to Feel):
- Front parking sensors
- Front fog lights with cornering function
- Metropolitan Grey Ambiance with Grey Grained leather / Graphite cloth
- Advanced comfort seats
- Driver’s seat with lumbar adjustment
- LED welcome lighting with 2 front LED spot lights
- Citroën Connect Nav − TomTom® Live services (3-year subscription)
- Voice recognition (radio, navigation and telephony features)
- 18" 'Swirl' alloy wheels
- Electric, heated and folding door mirrors with integrated LED turn signal indicators
- Extra tinted rear windows and windscreen
Standard features include (in addition to Flair):
- Driver attention alert
- Intelligent beam headlights (auto dipping main beams)
- Foot operated motorised rear tailgate
- Keyless entry and start
- Acoustic laminated front windows
- Active cruise control (with Stop & Go function on EAT8 versions)
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Opening panoramic glass roof including electric blind
- 19" 'Art' bi-tone diamond cut alloy wheels
- Gloss black upper radiator grille
- Glossblack rear bumper facia with chrome exhaust effect trim
- Aluminium pedals and foot rest
Test Drive the Citroën C5 Aircross SUV
We weren't lying when we said the C5 Aircross made a big impression when it came onto the market. The bold silhouette is made more appetising by the sheer amount of customisation available, while the meticulous efforts made to enhance comfort can't be argued with. Modular and efficient, Citroën certainly know how to make a family SUV.
Why not pay your nearest Evans Halshaw Citroën retailer a visit to see how C5 Aircross could enhance your family's life, we doubt you'll be disappointed.