Introducing the new Citroën C5 X
The Citroën C5 X is the most advanced Citroën ever made. This is quite a bold statement, but the C5 X manages to combine the elegance of a saloon, the practicality of an estate and the robust stance of an SUV; all whilst offering innovative technology and exemplary comfort.
Sitting proudly in both the large car and SUV segments, the C5 X is a fantastic addition to the Citroën range, with cutting-edge technology and efficient powertrains.
Identified as Citroën’s flagship model, the C5 X is available in two versions; petrol or plug-in hybrid.
Design and Practicality
The C5 X encompasses design cues from saloon, estate and SUV bodystyles. Being built with a raised SUV stance means road visibility is improved, whilst the driver gains the versatility of an estate and the comfort of a saloon.
Spacious and roomy, the C5 X boasts sumptuously comfortable Advanced Comfort seats in both the front and rear. Speaking of the rear, there's plenty of head and legroom for passengers to enjoy a relaxing journey.
Continuing to the boot, a generous loadspace of 545 litres is offered. Fold down the rear seats to expand this space to 1,640 litres. Bulky items can be loaded into the boot with ease, thanks to the hands-free powered tailgate, wide boot opening, low loading area and a flat floor.
Technology and Safety
State-of-the-art technology features throughout the C5 X, making the driving experience more enjoyable and safer.
Drivers can keep their eyes fixed to the road thanks to the Extended Head Up Display, which projects information onto the windscreen.
Wireless smartphone charging, four USB sockets and a high-definition touchscreen infotainment system provide added convenience for occupants of the car.
Stress-reducing driver assistance systems are plentiful in the C5 X and include (depending on the specification chosen):
- Blind Spot Detection
- Highway Driver Assist: Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go and Lane Keeping Assist
- Top 360 Vision Surround View Camera
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Engines and Performance
Choose between a conventional petrol-powered C5 X or the C5 X Plug-in Hybrid, which combines a 222bhp petrol engine with an electric motor.
An economic and efficient petrol engine is guaranteed with either variant, however, drivers will be able to travel up to 39 miles in all-electric mode with the plug-in hybrid model. During the pure electric drive, the C5 X will produce zero tailpipe emissions.
Citroën Advanced Comfort Active Suspension features on the PHEV versions and creates a feeling comparable to gliding over the road, tackling pot holes and speed bumps with ease.
C5 X Models
- 10" Central touch screen with separate heating and ventilation controls (with ADAS and Home buttons)
- 19'' Aero-X Alloys with Hephaïs grey paint & Onyx black aero inserts
- Front & Rear Parking Sensors and Reversing Camera with Top Rear Vision
- Camera Controlled Active Safety Brake
- Speed Limit Recognition
- Electronic, heated, black folding door mirrors with integrated LED indicator, LED approach lighting
- Automatic dual zone air-conditioning with Soft/Normal/Fast variable settings, A/C max function & single- zone function
Key features in addition to YOU!:
- 12" Central touch screen with separate heating and ventilation controls
- Extended Head-Up Display
- 19'' Aero-X Diamond Cut Alloys with Onyx black paint & Onyx black aero inserts
- Proximity keyless entry (doors, boot and fuel filler flap) and start
- Multifunction heated, grained leather steering wheel with paddle shifters, driving assistance and infotainment control functions
Key features in addition to Plus:
- Motorised rear tailgate with hands free access
- Front & Rear Parking Sensors and 360° Camera
- Optional opening panoramic roof
Key features in addition to Max:
- Hi Fi Surround System: 8 loudspeakers (2 front woofers, 2 front tweeters, 2 rear woofers, 2 rear tweeters, subwoofer and central dashboard speaker)
- 19'' Aero-X Diamond Cut Alloys with Onyx black paint with black mist tinted clear coat- finish & 5 full Onyx black aero inserts
- Opening panoramic roof with sunblind
- Black Bitone Roof
- Roof Bars
Test drive the Citroën C5 X
The C5 X seamlessly amalgamates the key advantages of the saloon, estate and SUV bodystyles to create a truly desirable vehicle. The C5 X Plug-in Hybrid will certainly appeal to environmentally-conscious drivers, too.
If you're interested in taking a test drive in the Citroën C5 X, please contact your nearest Evans Halshaw Citroën dealership.