Introducing the new Citroën C5 X
The new Citroën C5 X is the most advanced Citroën ever made. This is quite a bold statement, but the C5 X manages to combine the elegance of a saloon, the practicality of an estate and the robust stance of an SUV; all whilst offering innovative technology and exemplary comfort.
Sitting proudly in both the large car and SUV segments, the C5 X is a fantastic addition to the Citroën range, with cutting-edge technology and efficient powertrains.
Identified as Citroën’s new flagship model, the C5 X is available in two versions; petrol or plug-in hybrid.
Design and Practicality
The new C5 X encompasses design cues from saloon, estate and SUV bodystyles. Being built with a raised SUV stance means road visibility is improved, whilst the driver gains the versatility of an estate and the comfort of a saloon.
Spacious and roomy, the new C5 X boasts sumptuously comfortable Advanced Comfort seats in both the front and rear. Speaking of the rear, there's plenty of head and legroom for passengers to enjoy a relaxing journey.
Continuing to the boot, a generous loadspace of 545 litres is offered. Fold down the rear seats to expand this space to 1,640 litres. Bulky items can be loaded into the boot with ease, thanks to the hands-free powered tailgate, wide boot opening, low loading area and a flat floor.
Technology and Safety
State-of-the-art technology features throughout the new C5 X, making the driving experience more enjoyable and safer.
Drivers can keep their eyes fixed to the road thanks to the Extended Head Up Display, which projects information onto the windscreen.
Wireless smartphone charging, four USB sockets and a 12-inch high-definition touchscreen infotainment system provide added convenience for occupants of the car.
Stress-reducing driver assistance systems are plentiful in the new C5 X and include:
- Blind Spot Detection
- Highway Driver Assist: Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go and Lane Keeping Assist
- Top 360 Vision Surround View Camera
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Engines and Performance
Choose between a conventional petrol-powered new C5 X or the C5 X Plug-in Hybrid, which combines a 222bhp petrol engine with an electric motor.
An economic and efficient petrol engine is guaranteed with either variant, however, drivers will be able to travel up to 39 miles in all-electric mode with the plug-in hybrid model. During the pure electric drive, the new C5 X will produce zero tailpipe emissions.
Citroën Advanced Comfort Active Suspension features on the PHEV versions and creates a feeling comparable to gliding over the road, tackling pot holes and speed bumps with ease.
C5 X Models
- Front & Rear Parking Sensors and Reversing Camera with Top Rear Vision
- Perimetric, volumetric and anti-tilt alarm
- Acoustic insulated and tinted windscreen
- Multifunction leather steering wheel with paddle shifters, driving assistance and infotainment control functions
- Citroen Advanced Comfort suspension with double (front & rear) progressive hydraulic cushions*
- Proximity keyless entry (doors, boot and fuel filler flap) and start.
- 19'' Aero-X Alloys with Hephaïs grey paint & Onyx black aero inserts
- Active Safey Brake, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Speed Limit Recognition and Recommendation, Driver Attention Alert and Cruise Control with Speed Limiter*
- 10" Central touch screen with MyCitroën Drive Plus
- Automatic rain-sensitive flat blade wipers with integrated wash function
- LED fog lights with static cornering function integrated into front bumper apron
- Automatic dual zone air-conditioning
- Electrochrome rear view mirror*
*Equipment available according to your choice of model and engine.
Key features in addition to Sense Plus:
- Inductive wireless smartphone charging
- Multifunction heated, grained leather steering wheel with paddle shifters, driving assistance and infotainment control functions
- 19'' Aero-X Diamond Cut Alloys with Onyx black paint & Onyx black aero inserts
- 12" Central touch screen with MyCitroën Drive Plus
- Interior LED welcome lighting
- Satin chrome dashboard strip and satin chrome decor on bottom of door panels
- Dashboard and door panels décor - wood film and grain
- Black leather-effect front and rear door panel inserts
- Acoustic insulated and tinted windscreen with Head Up Display
- 12V power outlet in boot
- 2 rear USB plugs
- 7’’ Digital instrument cluster with smoked glass
Key features in addition to Shine:
- Front & Rear Parking Sensors and 360° Camera
- Electronic, heated, black folding door mirrors with integrated LED indicator, LED approach lighting, extended blind spot detection and Visiopark 360°
- Hype Black Ambience - featuring Mistral black Paloma leather with perforated chevron design Advanced Comfort seats
- Electric driver’s seat with memorization setting
- Electric passenger’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Acoustic insulated and tinted front and extra tinted rear windows
- Motorised rear tailgate with hands free access
- Stainless steel boot sill
Test drive the new Citroën C5 X
The new C5 X seamlessly amalgamates the key advantages of the saloon, estate and SUV bodystyles to create a truly desirable vehicle. The C5 X Plug-in Hybrid will certainly appeal to environmentally-conscious drivers, too.
If you're interested in taking a test drive in the Citroën C5 X, please contact your nearest Evans Halshaw Citroën dealership.