Introducing the Peugeot 5008 SUV
No one is entirely sure what the future looks like, but we think Peugeot are on the right lines with their innovative 5008 SUV.
Generous levels of equipment and an impressive interior design are just two of the reasons this SUV has proven so popular in the UK. It doesn't stop there, owners are benefiting from the sheer amount of technology and practicality Peugeot have incorporated into this seven-seat family car.
There's a broad range of engines to choose from, ensuring running costs are kept to a minimum. A number of clever safety features have been included to give you peace of mind while you drive. Read on to find out more about the award-winning Peugeot 5008.
Design and Practicality
This should be easy, because the 5008 is a large SUV that has seven seats and plenty of space inside for the whole family. The raised ride height gives a commanding seating position that provides an excellent view of the road ahead.
The large door openings make it easy getting cumbersome items - such as a child's seat - in and out. Because of the vast amounts of head and leg room, you'll be able to accommodate even the leggiest of passengers with little worry.
Unsurprisingly, there's plenty of boot space available. The modularity of the cabin means you can play with the seats to suit your needs. As a result, you can have anywhere between 780 litres and 2,150 litres of boot space.
Technology and Safety
The Peugeot 5008 SUV is one of the class-leaders when it comes to the number of driver aids available, all of which have been meticulously designed to enhance the driving experience and keep you and your family safe.
Driver assistance technologies and safety features available include:
- Active Blind Spot Detection
- Active Lane Keeping Assistance
- Advanced Driver Attention Alert
- PEUGEOT Smartbeam Assistance
- PEUGEOT Connect SOS and Assistance
Peugeot's innovative i-Cockpit takes centre stage inside the 5008's stunning cabin. The 8-inch capacitive touchscreen is quick to respond to inputs and boasts crystal-clear graphics. Complementing the central touchscreen is the 12.3-inch head-up digital instrument panel, which is fully customisable.
Economy and Performance
Peugeot have you well-covered where engine choices are concerned. You can select between two PureTech petrol engines and two BlueHDi diesel engines, with different variants available depending on your requirements.
The 1.2-litre and 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol units provide plenty of pulling-power across the rev-range, making swift progress easy work on the open road. On the other hand, you have the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre diesel engines, which produce excellent grunt and effortless acceleration.
The most powerful petrol variant produces 181 bhp, while the most potent diesel offers 177 bhp. Either way, you won't be lagging behind traffic. A 6-speed manual gearbox comes as standard, although an 8-speed automatic is available if you want super-slick gear changes and greater efficiency.
5008 SUV Models
- 17" 'Chicago' alloy wheels
- Lane departure warning system
- Safety pack
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- Rear parking sensors
- Leather steering wheel
- DAB radio
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto
- Visibility pack - automatic headlights and automatic windscreen wipers
Key features in addition to Active:
- 18" 'Detroit' diamond cut alloy wheels
- PEUGEOT Connect SOS and Assistance
- Safety plus pack
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Power folding door mirrors with blind spot detection indicator and auto dipping function in reverse gear
- 180° colour reversing camera
- Connected 3D Navigation: includes TomTom Live Updates (3 year subscription)
Key features in addition to Allure:
- Self levelling headlights
- Smartphone charging plate
- 'GT Line' emblems in satin copper
- Twin exhaust effect trim
- Full LED headlights
- LED foglamps
GT Line Premium
Key features in addition to GT Line:
- 19" 'Washington' two tone diamond cut alloy wheels
- PEUGEOT Open and Go (keyless entry and push button start)
- Smart electric tailgate
- Heated front seats with multi-point massage function
- Panoramic opening glass roof
Key features in addition to GT Line Premium:
- ACC Stop (Adaptive Cruise Control with stop function)
- 360° Colour camera system and automated parking assistance
- FOCAL® premium HIFI speaker system
- 'GT' emblems in satin copper
Test Drive the Peugeot 5008 SUV
Peugeot 5008 SUV has been named WhatCar? Best Large SUV for three years in a row now, and it doesn't take a genius to see why. The airy and spacious interior is loaded with tech, while the range of efficient engines complete a well-rounded seven-seat package.
If you want to take the 5008 for a test drive, then please contact your closest Evans Halshaw Peugeot retailer today.