Introducing the New Peugeot 5008
No one is entirely sure what the future looks like, but we think Peugeot are on the right lines with the innovative New 5008.
Generous levels of equipment and an impressive interior design are just two of the reasons this SUV has proven so popular in the UK. It doesn't stop there; owners are benefiting from the sheer amount of technology and practicality Peugeot have incorporated into this seven-seat family car.
There's a broad range of efficient engines to choose from, ensuring running costs are kept to a minimum. A number of clever safety features have been included to give you peace of mind while you drive. Read on to find out more about the class-leading New Peugeot 5008.
Design and Practicality
New 5008 is the largest vehicle in Peugeot's range of road cars, so it's no great surprise to learn it's immensely practical. And being a Peugeot, well thought out.
The raised ride height gifts the driver a commanding view of the road ahead, while it also aids in the fitting and removal of a child's seat. You'll be able to seat seven people in comfort, which is surprisingly rare because other seven-seaters can be cramped for passengers in the third row.
Boot space ranges between 780 and 1,940 litres, while there is the possibility of loading long objects up to 3.20 metres thanks to the front seat, which can fold flat. The third row of seats can be completely removed for added convenience and larger everyday boot space.
A hands-free tailgate is available on certain models (optional on lower spec models), and allows the driver to open the motorised tailgate with a simple foot movement.
Technology and Safety
Peugeot's interior designs and accompanying technologies are among the best at the moment, and the New 5008 is no exception.
The brand's i-Cockpit infotainment system has a strong presence, with an enhanced 10-inch HD touchscreen (standard on Allure models and above) taking centre stage while a new 12.3-inch head-up digital display occupies itself within the instrument cluster.
The digital display can be configured and customised to suit the needs of the driver, while the central infotainment system hosts features such as DAB radio, Connected 3D navigation, and smartphone connectivity.
The following driver assistance features are available:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Visiopark 1 and 2 (parking assistance system)
- Smart Beam Assist
- Driver Warning Alert
- Active Blind Spot Monitoring
- Advanced Grip Control: Optimised traction control with four grip modes (Normal, Snow, Mud, Sand) with specific tyres
Economy and Performance
Peugeot have made the New 5008 available with their latest generation of petrol and diesel engines, which all offer flexible acceleration and excellent fuel economy. In addition, CO2 emissions are as low as 132 g/km.
The following petrol and diesel engines are available in the new 5008:
- 1.2L PureTech 130 S&S 6-speed manual
- 1.2L PureTech 130 S&S 8-speed automatic
- 1.6L PureTech 180 8-speed automatic
- 1.5L BlueHDi 130 S&S 6-speed manual
- 1.5L BlueHDi 130 S&S 8-speed automatic
- 2.0L BlueHDi 180 S&S 8-speed automatic
The standard 6-speed manual gearbox offers a slick shift and a quiet drive. The 8-speed automatic builds on that by improving efficiency and optimising power delivery for when it's needed most.
New 5008 Models
As standard the new Peugeot 3008 features:
- 17" Chicago Alloy Wheels
- Eco LED headlights
- Cruise control and Speed Limiter with intelligent speed adaption
- Parking sensors - front/180 Colour Reversing Camera
- Electric/heated folding Door Mirrors with exterior courtesy LED lighting
- Mirror Screen®: Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto
Automatic and dual-zone diffusion air-conditioning system
Bi-Tuner radio including DAB
Fabric Trim 'Mistral 'Meco' with 'Goa' stitching
In addition/replacement to Active Premium models:
- 18" 'Detroit' Storm Grey alloy wheels
- Aluminium Longitudinal Roof Rails
Front and rear door and sill protectors with polished stainless steel insert
- 10" High Definition Capacitive Touchscreen/ Connected 3D Navigation
- Safety Plus Pack
- Advanced Emergency Braking System
- Dark tinted rear side and tailgate windows
- Door mirrors with blind spot detection indicator and auto dipping function in reverse gear
- LED interior lighting
- Front ambient lighting
- Half Leather effect trim with Mistral 'Colyn' cloth seat trim and Mint Green Stitching
- Height adjustable driver and front passenger seat
In addition/replacement to Allure models:
- PEUGEOT Open & Go (keyless entry & push button start)
- Blue ambient lighting to front door panels and cupholders
- Footwell lighting
- Dashboard, front and rear door panel finish: 'Brumeo' fabric
- Satin chrome front door panel recess trim
- Foldable front passenger seat
- Window blinds
In addition/replacement to Allure Premium models:
- 18" Detroit Gloss Black Alloy Wheels
- Black Diamond Roof
- Twin 'exhaust effect' chrome trim
- Chrome window line trim
- Door Mirror shells painted in Nera Black Front door sills with stainless steel insert featuring 'PEUGEOT' lettering
- 'GT' emblems (front wings and tailgate) - excluding HYBRID versions
- Full LED headlights with static corner lighting and Daytime Running Light extension
- Grey 'Greval Alcantara' dashboard and door panel inserts
- Aikinite contrast stitching to central armrest, gear lever gaiter and dashboard facia
- Flocked front door pocket interior with blue ambient lighting
- Mistral floor mats with Aikinite contrast stitching
- Mistral full grain perforated leather steering wheel with Aikinite stitch detail and satin chrome 'GT 'emblem
- Roof lining and windscreen pillars - Mistral black
- Mistral 'Alcantara' and leather effect seat trim with Aikinite stitch detail
- Aluminium pedals
- Driver Sport Pack
- Drive Assist Plus Pack
In addition/replacement to GT models:
- 19" 'San Francisco'' Matt Onyx Black diamond cut alloy wheels
- FOCAL® premium HIFI speaker system
- FOCAL® tweeter speaker grilles in 'belem bronze' metal effect finish
- Driver and Front Passenger Heated Seats
- Visio Park 2: 360° Colour Camera System
- Park Assist: automated parallel and bay parking assistance
- Motorised Electric Tailgate (key plip and foot operated)
Test Drive the New Peugeot 5008
New Peugeot 5008 brings a completely refreshed appearance and a variety of new technologies with it. However, it hasn't lost any of the practicality, with plenty of space inside of the whole family that is modular and immensely convenient.
If you want to take the New 5008 for a test drive, then please contact your closest Evans Halshaw Peugeot retailer today.