Introducing the Nissan Juke
Bringing a sense of fun and personality to the small car segment, the Juke crossover has always been a unique offering on the UK new car market.
The latest generation retains everything that the Juke is known for; distinctive styling, fun driving dynamics and a raised driving position, while introducing the most up-to-date technology and as well as improved practicality and comfort.
It's grown up slightly, and with a minor increase in overall size it has become a lot more practical as an everyday family car, with a much larger boot and plenty of room for five occupants.
Design and Practicality
There's no doubting that the Juke has always stood out from crowd, with a genuinely unique appearance that looks like nothing else on the road. The latest model is no different, setting a new standard in the small crossover segment for design.
Enhancements such as the 19-inch alloy wheels and 'floating', coupé style roof design are combined with the standard-fit LED headlights, which are circular as a nod to the previous generation car that so many people adored.
The interior is much more roomy than the previous model, with a much larger cargo capacity as well as improved leg and headroom for both front and rear passengers.
Interior and Technology
The transformation of the Juke continues on the inside, which is now much roomier and has a far larger boot. The improved quality of the materials means overall comfort levels are given a boost, while soft-touch materials throughout the cabin give a premium feeling to the occupants.
Nissan has loaded up the All-New Juke with all the latest technology, with the inclusion of ProPILOT, which takes the stress out of long distance commutes and heavy traffic by assisting with accelerating, braking and even steering.
The 8-inch Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto-compatible touchscreen NissanConnect infotainment system gives drivers access to TomTom maps, live traffic information and even a Wi-Fi hotspot for passengers to make use of.
Economy and Performance
Powering the Juke is Nissan's latest 1.0-litre 3-cylinder DIG-T turbocharged petrol engine, which produces 115bhp; more than enough to generate the kind of driving fun the Juke has always been known for.
When driven in normal mixed use, Nissan's claimed fuel economy of 48mpg is easily achievable, with both manual and automatic transmissions on offer. CO2 emissions are low, too.
If you're after the cleanest means of driving, the New Nissan Juke Hybrid may be the one to go for. Combining a larger 1.6-litre engine with an electric motor, the hybrid variant is the most powerful on offer, but it offers impressive fuel economy figures of up to 56.5mpg WLTP, too.
Nissan has always been big on safety tech and the Juke is no exception, with lots of safety features offered including; Intelligent Emergency Braking with Pedestrian and Cyclist Recognition, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Lane Intervention, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Blind Spot Intervention.
- LED headlamps and Daytime Running Lights
- DAB Radio, Bluetooth®, USB and AUX connectivity
- 4.2" full colour TFT screen combimeter
- Cruise Control & Speed Limiter
- Lane Departure Warning with Intelligent Lane Intervention
- Traffic Sign Recognition
Key features in addition to Visia:
- 17" Alloy Wheels
- NissanConnect 8" Touchscreen Entertainment System
- Apple CarPlay® + Google Android Auto®
- NissanConnect Services
- Rear View Camera
Key features in addition to Acenta:
- NissanConnect Navigation with TomTom Traffic
- 7" full colour TFT screen combimeter
- Intelligent Key, Start push button and electric hand brake with Auto Hold Function
- Leather steering wheel and shift knob, interior ambient lighting
- Automatic Climate Control
Key features in addition to N-Connecta:
- 19" Alloy Wheels
- Advanced Safety Shield Pack including Intelligent Around View Monitor (360° colour camera)
- Intelligent Driver Alertness
- Blind Spot Intervention
- Rear Cross-Traffic alert
- Intelligent Cruise Control
- Lane Keep Assist
- Moving Object Detection
- Bose® Personal® Plus Audio System
- Heat Pack including heated front seats and ThermaClear® heated windscreen
Key features in addition to Tekna:
- 19" Akari Alloy Wheels
- Two Tone Metallic Paint
- Exterior personalisation pack: Fuji Sunset Red, Pearl Black or Blade Silver inserts on front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts
- Interior personalisation pack: Enigma Black, Energy Orange or Light Grey
- Satin silver front bumper finisher
Key features in addition to N-Connecta:
- 19" Black Akari alloy wheels
- Textured stickers on roof and door mirrors
- Enigma badge on C-Pillar
- Fog Lights
- Metallic Paint
Test Drive the New Nissan Juke
Overall, the Juke offers the compact dimensions, fantastic driving fun and unique styling that it has always been known for. It has grown up a little bit, but that only serves to increase practicality and comfort, while the level of technology has reached impressive new heights.
To experience the Juke for yourself, please book a test drive at your preferred Evans Halshaw Nissan dealership.