Introducing the Ford Tourneo Custom
Transporting large numbers of people has been taken to a new level with the Ford Tourneo Custom. Whether you need the Tourneo as a mode of transport for business use, or you go on a number of adventures with family and friends, this people mover has your back covered.
As you would expect, Tourneo Custom features some of the latest technology on the market, with a carefully selected range of super-efficient engines that have been designed to keep emissions and fuel consumption firmly down.
Tourneo Custom boasts a number of models for you to choose from, with each one offering different levels of equipment to suit your requirements and budget.
Design and Practicality
Ensuring passengers enjoy a first class journey each and every time was the priority of Ford's designers, which is reflected throughout the Tourneo Custom.
There's two wheelbases to choose from, which have been named 'L1' and 'L2'. Both wheelbases come with nine seats, but the L2 comes with more luggage space. The 2nd row of seats can be reversed to face the rear of the vehicle, which is perfect for creating a conference style seating arrangement.
The steering wheel and driver's seat are fully-adjustable, which is essential for creating an ideal driving position over longer distances. To top it all off, the second and third row seats can be individually removed, ensuring you can tailor the Tourneo Custom to meet your exact needs.
Technology and Safety
Packed with luxury, but also loaded with technology; Tourneo Custom is a fine companion. SYNC 3 is Ford's most-advanced infotainment system to date and boasts a crystal-clear colour touchscreen alongside an intuitive menu layout.
Selectable Drive Modes make it easy to tailor the Tourneo Custom to the conditions you're driving in, while the option to spec Adaptive Cruise Control could be a wise one if you regularly do long-distance journeys. Intelligent Speed Assist uses the Traffic Sign Recognition camera to detect the speed limit and then adjusts the maximum speed you can travel, allowing you to focus on the road.
Notable safety features that helped the Tourneo Custom achieve a 5-star Euro NCAP include:
- Pre-Collision Assist
- Cross Traffic Alert
- Driver Alert System
- Trailer Sway Control
- Traction Control System (TCS)
Engines and Performance
There's a variety of engines to choose from, with a mild and plug-in hybrid option both available for those wanting to reduce their fuel bill and carbon footprint.
The 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engines are strong performers, with the most powerful variant churning out 182 bhp and 298 lb/ft. On top of this, they all meet the stringent Euro 6.2 emissions standards. A mild-hybrid can be selected with the diesels, which helps to reduce fuel usage and emissions in the city.
An award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine is available as a plug-in hybrid. The on-board battery allows the Tourneo Custom to travel up to 33 miles on a charge before the traditional engine has to step in. As a result, you save money on fuel and substantially reduce your carbon footprint.
Stylish, luxurious and providing ultimate practicality, the MS-RT Tourneo Custom offers seating for up to nine occupants. On the outside, there's a British-built bespoke exterior body styling kit, a twin sports exhaust system and HID headlights. Climb inside to discover the handcrafted MS-RT branded nappa leather and suede interior, sports steering wheel, and bespoke floor mats.
Key features of the MS-RT Tourneo Custom include:
- New MS-RT bespoke full plastic exterior body styling
- New 18” exclusive Anthracite OZ Racing alloys with 103 XL load rated Hankook Ventus S1 evo3 tyres
- New exclusive MS-RT twin sports exhaust system
- New handcrafted MS-RT nappa leather and suede interior
- New MS-RT sports steering wheel with carbon fibre inlays
- HID headlights with integrated daytime running lights
- MS-RT vehicle branding
- MS-RT branded dash clocks
- MS-RT branded floor mats
Tourneo Custom Models
- Twin sliding side load doors with steps
- 16" steel wheels with full wheel covers
- Remote central locking
- Power front windows with one-shot up/down
- 9 Seats (including Driver) with Single Front Passenger Seat and 7 Rear direct access seats
- Light tinted rear glass (78% luminous transmittance)
- Flip open 2nd row window
- Cruise Control with adjustable speed limiter
- Electrically operated and heated power foldable door mirrors
- Glazed rear tailgate with wash/wipe
- Halogen projector headlights with LED Day time Running Light
- Static cornering fog lights
- Rubber floor covering in passenger compartment
- Roll Stability Control & SideWind Mitigation
- ICE Pack 19 AM/FM Audio with 4.2" TFT screen, Bluetooth with voice control & 10 speakers
- Body colour front and rear bumpers
- Front and rear parking sensors
In addition to Shuttle Bus:
- 16" alloy wheels
- Quickclear heated windscreen
- 8 seats including Driver
- Rear privacy glass (37% luminous transmittance)
- Front manual air conditioning
- Carpet floor covering in passenger compartment
- Lockable glove box lid
- Rain sensing front wipers and automatic headlights
In addition to Zetec:
- 17" silver alloy wheels and wheel arch extensions
- Body colour bodyside mouldings
- Body colour door and tailgate handles
- Sunblinds on 2nd row plus 3rd row on L2 models
- Perimeter alarm
- CE Pack 23 SYNC3 DAB/FM/AM Radio with 8" TFT touch screen, includes Applink
- Rear compartment air conditioning
Additional to Titanium:
- Unique Active Style Front Grille
- Colour Keyed with Satin Nickel Insert
- Accent colour exterior mirror finish
- Front bumper body colour lower accent
- Tu-tone painted plastic rear bumper
- Partial Salerno Leather Casual Emboss material and Racing Blue coloured seats
- Unique 7" 5-spoke alloy wheels
- Silver roof rails
- Leather seats with Unique Bossing
In addition to Titanium:
- Leather seat trim
- ICE Pack 24 SYNC3 DAB/FM/AM Radio with Satellite Navigation, 8" TFT touch screen, includes Applink
- Rear view camera
- Bi-Xenon headlights with LED Day Running Lights and static cornering headlights
- 17" Dark Tarnish alloy wheels and wheel arch extensions
In addition to Titanium:
- 17" Black/machined alloy wheels
- Partial leather seat trim
- Sport Van styling kit including:
- Front lower bumper skirts
- Bodycolour side skirts (in lieu of side steps)
- Rear bumper skirts
- Front and rear wheel arch extensions
- Two Tone Sports stripes
- Sport Suspension
- Rear view camera
- Lane Departure Warning
Test Drive the Ford Tourneo Custom
The Ford Tourneo Custom is the ultimate way to transport clients for your business or simply enjoy outdoor adventures with family and friends. Not only do you get a cleverly designed interior layout that is spacious and quiet, you get a host of technologies that keep you safe. If that wasn't enough, you get some of the most advanced engines on the market, which save you money.