Introducing the Peugeot e-Traveller
Thanks to the Peugeot e-Traveller, the days of people movers being spartan and purely functional are long gone. What's more, it can seat up to eight people in a sea of refinement.
Peugeot e-Traveller is all about convenience and comfort, which reflects in the features that have been implemented throughout the vehicle. In addition, there's a generous list of equipment and onboard technology that makes driving safer and better connected on a daily basis.
Featuring Peugeot's latest all-electric powertrains, the e-Traveller is super-efficient and therefore very reasonable to run on an annual basis. Carry on reading to learn more about the e-Traveller and how it could make your life easier.
Design and Practicality
Peugeot e-Traveller excels because it can seat up to eight fully-grown adults in complete comfort, regardless of which vehicle length you choose (there's a choice between standard or long).
However, it's the modularity that's really impressive because the second and third row seats slide back and forth on rails. If that wasn't enough, the seats can be folded down in different configurations (or taken out completely) allowing you to find a setup that suits.
Whether it's going on a cross-country adventure with the family or simply taking the dogs for a walk, the e-Traveller's 1,500-litre boot with all eight seats in place is ready to go. Depending on the wheelbase you go for, boot space can be as large as 4,900 litres when the seats have been removed.
Technology and Safety
Peugeot e-Traveller is well-equipped across the range, with various driver aids and safety features making for a more relaxing driving experience. The MyPeugeot mobile app can also be used to enhance connectivity.
A 7.0-inch touchscreen features in the centre console and comes with Bluetooth and DAB radio, as well as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Complementing this system are three 12V sockets, a USB port, and an 8-speaker audio set up for ultimate enjoyment.
Safety is typical of Peugeot and therefore excellent, with the following features coming as standard across all models:
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Cruise control and speed limiter
- Hill start assist function
- ISOFIX child seat fittings (3x sets including top tether) for rear seats
- Electric child locking functionality on rear doors
- Emergency fuel cut off (in event of collision)
Range and Performance
With a WLTP all-electric driving range of 148 miles, the e-Traveller is capable of completing the daily duties for most with ease while still having enough juice left in the batteries to return to base.
134bhp is waiting and ready to be used to get the car from 0 to 62mph in 10.8 seconds, which isn't bad for a car of this size. The instantaneous acceleration allows the e-Traveller to comfortably travel around town as well as overtake slower moving traffic when out on the motorway.
There are three driving modes to choose from whilst you're out and about, each with a different purpose:
- Eco: Range optimised by adjusting certain settings
- Normal: Optimal comfort for daily use
- Power: optimised performance when transporting heavy loads
Plug your e-Traveller in to a wallbox when you're back home and you'll be able to fully charge the batteries in eight hours with a 7.4kW on-board charger or five hours with the optional 11kW charger.
For times where you're venturing further afield, head to a public rapid charging point and you'll be able to charge the batteries from 0 to 80 percent in as little as 30 minutes. The MyPeugeot app can be used to plan routes or find charging stations while on your travels.
There's also the option of charging via a domestic 3-pin socket, but it will take around 31 hours to reach a full charge.
- 17-inch 'Phoenix' alloy wheels
- Manual air conditioning
- Boot load restraint net
- Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVA)
- 12 V sockets (x4) (dashboard, lower glovebox, rear cabin and load area)
- Dashboard: closed central storage compartment
- Decorative inlays: Anodised blue
- Flooring: black carpet
Key features in addition to Active:
- Head-up display
- Panoramic cielo glass roof
- Front and rear parking sensors
- PEUGEOT Open and Go (keyless entry and push button start)
- Power folding door mirrors
- Connected 3D Navigation: includes TomTom Live Updates (3 year subscription)
- Blind spot monitoring system
- Programmable cruise control and speed limiter
- Split opening tailgate
- Twin 'hands free' electric sliding rear doors (includes foot operated sensors)
- 180° colour reversing camera
Test drive the Peugeot e-Traveller with Evans Halshaw
There's certainly a lot to like about the Peugeot e-Traveller, it's spacious and airy inside; it's very efficient for a large vehicle; it's well-equipped across the range; and it has a massive boot that can swallow anything you throw at it.
All-in-all, this is a great choice for larger families who need the ultimate in comfortable and flexible transport. Please contact your nearest Evans Halshaw Peugeot retailer to arrange a test drive.