What is Minor Damage Repair Cover?
Minor Damage Repair Cover protects you against the cost of repairing minor bumps and scratches on your car that can occur during everyday driving. A one off-fee (you can also pay monthly) covers you for two or three years, allowing you to claim for multiple repairs during that time without affecting the no claims bonus on your vehicle insurance policy. Other benefits include:
- Helps keep your car in pristine condition
- Protects the resale value of your car
- Repairs carried out by an approved, qualified repairer
How does it work?
If your car picks up a minor scratch, dent or chip on its paintwork, we will pick up the cost of having it repaired by a qualified SMART repairer for the duration of your policy.
Simply contact the phone number on your policy documents, arrange a convenient time for the repair to take place and we'll take care of the rest. Most repairs can be completed within 1-2 hours.
|24 Months cover||36 Months Cover|
Yes, bumper scuffs are covered providing that the bodywork is not perforated.
No, repairs to windows, the windscreen and vehicle lights are not covered by Minor Damage Repair Cover. For a full list of items that aren't covered please speak to your dealer.
No, you still need to obtain car or van insurance in accordance with the law. A Minor Damage Repair Cover policy will not affect your vehicle insurance policy.
For your vehicle to be eligible for cover, it must meet the following criteria:
- You must be the registered keeper and/or owner of your vehicle
- The vehicle must be no older than 10 years old at the start of the policy
- The vehicle must be free from damage when cover is purchased
- The vehicles bodywork must not have been modified (e.g. bodykits, wraps etc.)
- The vehicle must be purchased by an individual and not used for business purposes
- Specialist bodywork finishes are not covered (this includes, but is not limited to: self-healing, chrome illusion, matte or textured finishes; matte or vinyl bodywork wraps)
- The vehicle will not be used for commercial purposes; in a dispatch or public service capacity; for driving instruction purposes; competition; rally racing; track days; speed testing; off road; pacemaking, or reliability trials.