Breakdown Cover

Breakdown Cover

Learn more about breakdown cover from Evans Halshaw

What is Breakdown Cover?

Breakdown Cover, also known as Roadside Assistance, is a product that will ensure you're never left stranded if your car or van breaks down.

In the event of your vehicle breaking down, you will likely need a recovery truck to come and pick up you and your car. Recovery fees can be expensive, and breakdown cover protects you against this cost.

There are two different types of breakdown cover; personal and vehicle.

  • Personal Breakdown Cover means that you are covered for any vehicle you're travelling in, as long as it meets the terms stated in your policy.
  • Vehicle Breakdown Cover is where a specific vehicle is covered in the event of a breakdown. This is generally considered to be the cheaper option.

Roadside assistance is included if you have taken out an extended Mechanical and Electrical Guarantee with us.

What do I do if my car breaks down?

In the event of a breakdown, providing you have breakdown cover, all you have to do is call up the breakdown cover company and they'll come and assist you, either by fixing the fault at the roadside or towing your car to the nearest place where it can be repaired.

What if I breakdown and I don't have breakdown cover?

There are some companies that provide instant cover, but not all of them do, and they may charge extra for callouts within the first couple of days. If you have to get your car recovered independently, you will have to pay a recovery fee. 

What's included in breakdown cover?

It depends on the level you of cover you take out, and which provider you go for. The cover provided by our Mechanical and Electrical Guarantee includes roadside recovery, seven days car hire, overnight accommodation and travel expenses if your vehicle breaks down due to a covered fault and you are far away from home. 

More Insurance Products