Introducing the Vauxhall Movano
Versatility comes in many different shapes and sizes, and so does the Vauxhall Movano van; coincidence? One of Brtiain's best-selling large vans is now back with a fresh design that translates to better efficiency and a class-leading payload.
Vauxhall understand that your business is unique, which is why the Movano can be built to meet just about any specification you require, ensuring you don't have to compromise on one of your biggest assets.
A range of new technologies and driver aids complement the Movano's intuitive design, which makes this particular van easier to live with on a daily basis.
Carry on reading to discover more about the Movano and how it could help drive your business forwards.
Capacity and Loadspace
The amount of choice available when configuring your ideal Movano is borderline unbelievable, as we shall now explain.
First thing's first, you're offered four different body lengths and three roof heights to choose from, which means the smallest Movano offers 7.8m3 of load volume, whereas the biggest gets you a mammoth 17m3.
It's also worth illustrating how many different body styles are available, which is easier to highlight in bullet points:
- Double Crew
- 6-seat Combi
- 9-seat Combi
- 17-seat minibus
- Platform Cab
- Box van
To top it all off, the Movano can tow up to 3,000kg and can go up to 4,500kg gross weight.
Technology and Safety
Movano isn't just a brute that can shift some serious weight, it also happens to have a host of driver aids and safety features that are there to make life easier.
The optional rear-view camera gives you improved vision at all times when you're reversing; this feature is ideal if you find yourself in tight spots frequently. The automatic headlights and wipers adjust themselves based on the conditions, which means you can concentrate on the road ahead. Electronic Climate Control is a welcome companion on those warm days in the summer.
- Lane departure warning
- Blind Spot Alert
- Electronic Stability Programme (optional on front-wheel drive)
- Side-Wind Assistant
- Driver's airbag
Economy and Performance
The Movano's range of engines are all derived from a 2.3-litre turbocharged diesel engine, and now produce more power compared to the previous generation; they also happen to be more efficient.
There's six variations to choose from, all delivering a sizable slab of torque from the bottom of the rev-range. Power outputs range from 133bhp up to 178bhp, so it just depends on what you'll be transporting. Depending on the specification you go for, you'll get auto stop/start chucked in, which is a money-saver in heavy traffic.
Talking of saving money, Vauxhall have extended the Movano's service intervals to 25,000 miles (or ever two years), which means reduced annual operating costs.
Edition Panel Van
- AM/FM/DAB digital radio and CD/MP3 Player
- Bluetooth® connectivity
- USB audio connection with iPod control
- Two 15-watt speakers
- Anti-lock braking system
- Full-height steel bulkhead
- Electronic engine deadlock immobiliser
- Remote control central door deadlocking with selective door locking
- Automatic lighting control with tunnel detection
- Internal lockable cargo doors
- 80-litre fuel tank
- 26-litre AdBlue tank
Griffin Edition Panel Van
Key features in addition to Edition Panel Van:
- Satellite navigation system
- Comfort driver’s seat
- Air conditioning
- Security alarm system
- Rear parking distance sensors
- Cruise control
- Front fog lights
When you need extra seats for moving your team around, as well as your equipment, an Edition DoubleCab is the only answer.
Features over the Panel Van include:
- Fixed windows to standard nearside sliding side-access door and opposite body panel
- Dual front passengers’ multi-function office bench seat, featuring flat-folding backrest with twin drinks holders, flat work surface, swivelling tray and under seat storage
- Four-individually contoured rear seats
- Inertia-reel lap and diagonal seat belts
- Padded head restraints
- Full-length tray under rear seat cushion
- Full-height ABS plastic bulkhead with window
Chassis Cab, Crew Cab, and Platform Cab models provide the ideal foundation for one of three factory-built conversions: Dropside, Box Van, or Tipper.
- Box section chassis rails
- Wide top sections with built-in mounting points
- Rear under-run bar (4500 models only)
- Crew Cab models additionally feature a four passenger rear bench seat with under seat storage
Ideal for those conversions requiring a low floor and walk-through access from the cab.
Test drive the Vauxhall Movano
You don't need 20/20 vision to see why the Movano is one of the best-selling large vans in the UK. Although the efficient range of engines are appealing, as are the host of driver aids included, it's the sheer amount of potential configurations that really help the Movano stand out in its segment.
If you aren't sure which specification would best suit your business, then please contact your nearest Evans Halshaw Vauxhall retailer, who will have a friendly team member ready to assist you.