Introducing the new Vauxhall Grandland
The New Grandland is Vauxhall's flagship SUV, sitting at the top of the range in terms of size, space and engine power.
Its distinctive and contemporary exterior design is backed up by a number of advanced driver technologies that make life on the road more enjoyable, safe and relaxing.
Comfort has always been a priority of Vauxhall SUVs, and the New Grandland is no different. Ergonomic active seats for both the driver and passenger plus a number of other features make this one of the most comfortable Vauxhall models ever.
Available with a choice of petrol, diesel and plug-in hybrid drivetrains, the New Grandland gives you flexibility in more ways than one.
Design and Practicality
Vauxhall have chosen a pure and bold exterior look for the New Grandland. Like all new Vauxhalls since the Mokka was unveiled, the Vauxhall Vizor grille is the standout feature on the front of the car, and sets the brand apart from any other model out there.
Practicality credentials are strong, as you would expect from Vauxhall's largest SUV. A big boot is accessed through an electronic sensor-controlled tailgate, which can be operated on the key fob, from inside the cabin or by waving your foot underneath the rear bumper.
The interior is light, airy and spacious, with enough room in the back for three people to sit comfortably.
Technology and Safety
There are a number of advanced technology features on the New Grandland, many of which will transform your everyday driving experience. When you climb in and turn the car on, the first thing you'll notice is the fully digital instrument cluster, which Vauxhall calls "Pure Panel". It's clear and configurable, as you would expect.
For night-time driving, Vauxhall have included adaptive IntelliLux LED® Pixel Headlights, which do an amazing job of lighting the road ahead without dazzling oncoming traffic. Going one step further with regards to safety is the new night vision system. This has the ability to detect pedestrians or even animals on the road ahead, alerting the driver on the digital instrument cluster so you can take any necessary actions.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are fitted as standard, as is a 360-degree panoramic camera that makes parking a breeze.
Engines and Performance
Both petrol, diesel and plug-in hybrid powertrain options are provided by the Grandland, giving you plenty of choice.
The 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol far punchier than you might expect, with 128bhp pushing you along nicely. It can be paired to either an 8-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual gearbox.
The 1.5-litre diesel also produces 128bhp, but adds an improved level of torque and fuel economy into the mix. This model is automatic-only.
Finally, there's the plug-in hybrid Grandland, which is a very strong performer. With a maximum output of 222bhp from the petrol engine and electric motor combined, it feels plenty fast enough, and can even travel up to 34 miles solely using electric power.
New Grandland Models
- 7-inch colour touchscreen with Apple CarPlay™/Android Auto™
- 17-inch five-twin spoke alloy wheels
- Dual-zone electronic climate control
- Front & rear parking distance sensors
- LED daytime running lights
- LED headlights with high beam assist / LED rear lights / front fog lights
- Electric parking brake
- Lane departure warning / speed sign recognition
Key features in addition to SE:
- 10-inch colour touchscreen with Satellite Navigation & Apple CarPlay™/Android Auto™
- 18-inch five-spoke high gloss black alloy wheels
- Dual-zone electronic climate control
- Front & rear parking distance sensors with rear-view camera
- Sports-style front seats
- Black roof & door mirrors
- Dark-tinted rear windows
- Alloy-effect protective front & rear skid plates
Key features in addition to SRi:
- 19-inch diamond-cut multi-spoke bi-colour alloy wheels
- Driver's egonomic active front seat
- IntelliLux LED® headlights with Adaptive Forward Lighting
- Panoramic rear-view camera with advanced park assist
- Heated windscreen, steering wheel & fronts seats
Key features in addition to Elite:
- Wireless charging for mobile devices
- Night vision (optional as extra cost)
- Leather seat trim
- Power operated tailgate with foot sensor
Test Drive the New Vauxhall Grandland
The New Grandland enhances what has been one of Vauxhall's most popular model lines of recent years, incorporating next-generation tech and safety equipment into a practical and comfortable SUV.
To find out more about the New Grandland or to book a test drive, please contact your nearest Evans Halshaw Vauxhall dealership.