Introducing the New Peugeot Expert
The award-winning Expert is a medium-sized van offered by French vehicle manufacturing giants, Peugeot. Boasting clever driving technology alongside a number of innovative storage features, you'd be amazed by the sheer amount of equipment you can get in the back!
High levels of practicality is what the Expert has built its reputation on, but it's more than a one-trick pony. The latest range of engine technology has been made available, meaning annual running costs are dramatically reduced.
Inside has been designed to act as a mobile office, which reflects in the smart configurations that are available. Look around the rest of the cabin and it'll be clear that Peugeot have invested a lot of effort into ensuring every journey is an enjoyable one.
Payload and Capacity
Load lengths and payloads vary by version. For example, opt for the 'Expert Long' and you get a load volume of up to 6.6 m3. Go for the 'Compact' body style and you get 3.32 m load length and a payload of up to 1,400kg.
Peugeot understand that a universal van is too one-dimensional, which is why the Expert is available in a variety of different configurations.
The 'Asphalt' variant has been designed for those who spend a lot of time on the road, while the 'Crew Van' is perfect if you need to carry six people around on a regular basis.
Finally, there is the 'Grip' version, which has been engineered to tackle challenging terrain thanks to its raised ride height, increased payload and clever computers.
Technology and Safety
Peugeot Expert has been loaded with a series of useful driver aids and technologies, which have been programmed to make life easier on a daily basis while giving complete peace of mind. Driver aids available include:
- Smart Beam Headlights - Adjusts between main and dipped-beam according to oncoming traffic
- VisioPark 180 - Uses the reversing camera to provide a 180° overhead view of the van's rear end and its surrounding environment
- Speed Limit Recognition - A camera notes the speed limit and points it out on your display.
Safety features available include:
- Active Safety Brake
- ESC with Hill Start Assist and ABS braking
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Daytime running lights
- Automatic fuel cut-off & door unlocking in event of accident
Economy and Performance
Regardless of the version or body length you opt for, you will have access to Peugeot's latest BlueHDi diesel engines. This is no bad thing, because they deliver real-world pulling-power without costing a small fortune to run. The same could also be said about the e-Expert, the fully electric version.
As with other vans in the Peugeot range, the engines in the Expert are available in a number of different configurations. The smallest version offers 102 bhp and a lowly 135 g/km CO2, which is perfect if you don't haul massive loads around on a daily basis.
More power is available, with the most potent offering a substantial 177 bhp and 144 g/km CO2. A 6-speed manual is the standard offering, although certain variants come with an 8-speed auto, which is a must-have if you want a smoother driving experience and better economy.
Peugeot Expert Models
The entry-level Expert S version comes with useful driver assistance technology to make working life easier, such as Cruise control with speed limiter and Electronic Stability Control with Hill Assist.
- DAB radio with Bluetooth, USB and audio jack
- Cruise control with programmable speed limiter
- Electronic Stability Control with Hill Assist
- Full steel bulkhead
- 16-inch steel wheels with black centre caps
The Expert Professional offers greater comfort and convenience in the cabin, with highlights including the 7-inch touchscreen with Mirror Link (enabling you to use your smartphone via the screen) and the configurable dual passenger seat.
- Connect Radio: 7 inch colour touchscreen with DAB, Bluetooth, USB & Mirror Link
- Cruise control with programmable speed limiter
- Remote central locking with deadlocks. Electrically adjustable mirrors
- Air conditioning
- Moduwork® configurable dual passenger seat
The Expert Professional Plus trim adds plenty of enticing tech to the Expert. This includes Connect Nav, providing live traffic updates, and coffee break alert, which can detect driver fatigue from your steering movements and give you an audible warning, preventing an accident.
- Connect Nav
- Coffee break alert
- Park Assist 180
- Electrically folding heated door mirrors with temperature sensor
- 17-inch alloy wheels with Agilis tyres
Test Drive the Peugeot Expert
Peugeot Expert is a great all-rounder that has been designed to meet a variety of needs. Because of the options available to tailor the Expert, you can get all the van you need without overspending on features you don't want or require. Expert isn't just a good van, it's a sound business decision too.