Introducing the Nissan LEAF
The Nissan LEAF is Britain's best selling 100% electric vehicle and with good reason. Not only does it produce zero emissions whilst driving, it's a fun car to drive and its running costs are considerably lower than an equivalent petrol-powered car.
Fewer moving engine components and no engine oil requirement massively reduces maintenance costs and the price of electricity is cheaper than petrol or diesel. Therefore, the Nissan LEAF is a sound investment with no compromise on performance or driver satisfaction.
Charging the Nissan LEAF is simple due to the large choice of charging modes from a domestic plug to public quick chargers. Plug the car into the closest domestic socket or the Nissan WALLBOX can be installed in your garage to double the charging speed for a full overnight charge.
Range and Performance
Driving the Nissan LEAF is an incredible, surprisingly quiet, experience and thanks to the instant torque, drivers can really appreciate the 100% electric ride.
The LEAF is the definition of effortless driving, with the Nissan e-Pedal™ enabling acceleration and deceleration all from a single pedal. Simply releasing the accelerator results in automatic regenerative braking, however, a brake pedal is still available for when an immediate stop is required.
When electric cars were first introduced to the car market, range anxiety was a huge issue. However, the Nissan LEAF has up to 168 miles of range with 147bhp of power output or select the Nissan LEAF E+ for an extended range of up to 239 miles and an increased power output of 213bhp.
Interior and Practicality
Comfortably seating the whole family, with five seats and up to 435-litres boot capacity, the interior of the Nissan LEAF is in keeping with the sleek and stylish exterior.
The understated, yet tasteful, look and feel has been achieved by using high quality materials to express an enhanced premium feel. A signature vibrant blue stitching features throughout the interior in the seats, dashboard and steering wheel, resulting in a relaxed ambience and a clean quality feel.
Focused on the driver, the interior combines the clever use of space with optimum functionality. The 8" Touchscreen Display is the heart of the LEAF's Infotainment system and all trims are kitted out with DAB radio and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone mirroring.
Technology and Specification
The futuristic nature of the LEAF is evident with the technology that is included as standard. An abundance of advanced safety technology is available including blind spot warning, rear cross traffic alert and intelligent cruise control.
Some trims include the Nissan ProPILOT Advanced Driver Assistance System which makes things easier for the driver by accelerating, steering and braking so the driver doesn't need to worry about maintaining a certain speed or keeping in their lane. The optional ProPILOT Parking Assist is also available on certain trims and enables the LEAF to park itself, all from a simple press and hold of a button.
The free NissanConnect Services smartphone App allows the battery level to be checked from a phone and you can even start charging the LEAF from the app so it is charged and ready for its next journey. Further features include remote climate control, remote horn and lights and Nissan Help & Assistance.
Standard features include:
- Lane Departure Warning
- Intelligent Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Recognition
- Intelligent Lane Intervention
- Intelligent Cruise Control
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- High-Beam Assist
- 8" Touchscreen Navigation and Entertainment System
- Rear View Camera
- Preset Air Conditioning
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto® Smartphone App Integration
- 16" Alloy Wheels
- 6.6 kW On-Board Charger and 50kW ChaDeMo Rapid Charge Port
In addition to Acenta:
- 17" Alloy wheels
- Intelligent around view monitor with moving object detection
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Heat pack, including heated seats and heated steering wheel
- Privacy Glass
- Part Synthetic Leather/Part Cloth Trim***
In addition to N-Connecta:
- ProPILOT Advanced Driver Assistance System
- BOSE Premium Audio System with 7 Speakers
- Part Leather Seats with Ultrasuede® trim
- LED Foglights with cornering function
- Electronic parking brake
- ProPILOT Driver Assistance System with Traffic Jam Pilot and Lane Keep Assist²
- LED headlights with LED fog lights and cornering function
- NissanConnect with Around View Monitor
- Electronic Parking Brake and e-Pedal
- e+ 62kWh Battery with 217PS, 340Nm of torque and 239 miles of range
- Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
- Metallic Blue Front Bumper Finish
- e+ Embossed Charging Port
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Intelligent cruise control
In addition to Tekna:
- 239 miles of range^*
- 217PS and 340Nm of torque
- 0-62mph acceleration time of 6.9 seconds
- Metallic Blue Front Bumper Finisher
- e+ Embossed Charging Port
Test Drive the Nissan LEAF
The Nissan LEAF is equipped with many innovative features and is the ideal car to to introduce drivers into the world of electric driving. Zero emissions while driving is a step in the right direction of protecting the planet and the all-electric LEAF delivers an impressive range and a fun driving experience.
To experience the LEAF for yourself, please book a test drive at your preferred Evans Halshaw Nissan dealership.