Introducing the Kia XCeed
It comes as no great surprise to see that Kia, a car manufacturer enjoying healthy growth at the moment, have released a compact SUV that is based around the Ceed hatchback. Perhaps the most important change is the removal of the apostrophe from the name, which is bound to cause controversy among the Kia faithful.
Jokes aside, the new crossover, aptly named the 'XCeed', aims to be one of the most hi-tech cars in its class by including standard features that are usually optional extras on rival models. On top of this, a plug-in hybrid option is available too.
With its fabulous driving experience and good looks, plus an industry-leading 7-year warranty, the Kia XCeed is a compelling ownership prospect.
Design and Practicality
Based on the Ceed hatchback, the XCeed delivers an extra dose of sporty SUV styling as well as the all important increase in ride height and additional practicality. Though it sits on the same platform as the Ceed, the only body panels that are carried over are the doors - this is a very different beast to the family hatchback in Kia's range.
The brand-new Kia XCeed enhances its dynamic looks with sharp design characteristics on the front and grille, introducing updated front and rear LED lights, Kia's brand-new logo, and a new bold Celadon Spirit Green colour.
The boot is bigger, and the tailgate is electrically operated on higher grade models too, for an extra little bit of convenience. Split-folding rear seats that give a flat loading area and a dual-height boot floor increase practicality still further.
It'll seat a family of five comfortably, and the rear privacy glass and alloy wheels add a touch of flair to the exterior design.
Technology and Safety
Kia have a habit of packing their cars with extremely high levels of standard equipment, and the XCeed is no different. All models get alloy wheels, LED headlights and a touchscreen multimedia system that's compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Cruise control and a reversing camera system are standard, too.
Move up in the range and you'll see creature comforts such as heated front seats, satellite navigation and a heated steering wheel. Top of the range models come with an 8-speaker JBL premium sound system, a wireless phone charger and even a panoramic sunroof that both tilts and slides.
Safety is provided by a full suite of airbags plus advanced active safety functions such as blind spot collision warning and smart park assist.
Economy and Performance
In terms of conventional engines, the XCeed is available with both petrol and diesel engines. The 1.0-litre and 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engines will likely give you mpg between 45 and 55 on average.
The 1.6-litre diesel option comes in either 114bhp or 134bhp form, and is useful if you spend most of your time on the motorway or doing long journeys, delivering up to 61mpg.
A plug-in hybrid version of the XCeed is also available, combining EV driving with petrol car convenience to give you the best of both worlds - a 36 mile EV range, at the end of which it switches back into petrol/hybrid. Find out more about the Kia XCeed Plug-in Hybrid.
- 16" Alloy Wheels
- LED Bi-Functional Headlights
- 8" Colour Touchscreen with (Apple CarPlay/Android Auto)
- Silver roof rails
- Reversing Camera System
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) - City
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED Rear Lights and Rear Fog Lights
- Front Projection Fog Lights
- Cruise Control and Speed Limiter
- 18" Alloy Wheels
- 10.25" Navigation with Telematics
- Privacy Glass (Rear Windows & Tailgate)
- Black Cloth with Faux Leather Upholstery
- Heated Front Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Dual Zone Climate Control
- Smart Key with Engine Start/Stop Button
- Electric Parking Brake (EPB)
- Electrically Folding, Adjustable & Heated Door Mirrors with Integrated LED Indicator Lights
- 18" Alloy wheels
- 12.3" TFT supervision cluster display
- Black leather with suede seat upholstery/li>
- Blind-spot collision warning (BCW)
- Free 7 year Kia Connect (UVO) services
- 10.25" Touchscreen satellite navigation
- Panoramic sunroof with tilting / sliding function & automatic electric roll blind
- Wireless mobile phone charger
- 8-Speaker JBL® premium sound system
- Intelligent speed limit warning (ISLW)
Test drive the Kia XCeed
Providing rugged SUV styling and increased ride height, the Kia XCeed gives you many of the advantages of an SUV but without the large exterior dimensions that would make it difficult to park, or the high running costs usually associated with SUVs.
To experience the brilliant XCeed for yourself, please book a test drive at your nearest Evans Halshaw Kia dealership.