Introducing the Hyundai BAYON
Small on the outside, but spacious on the inside, the BAYON is Hyundai's latest addition to their range of SUVs.
Hyundai have been on a roll with the design of their vehicles in recent years, which consistently offer stylish looks and a tasteful cabin layout. The BAYON is no exception, and has been built to provide a lasting impression.
In addition to a sharp appearance and spacious interior, the BAYON will boast a range of advanced safety equipment alongside a variety of connectivity features. Alongside the efficient choice of engines, mild hybrid technology is available; helping to to reduce emissions and running costs.
Design and Practicality
The BAYON certainly makes a strong impression thanks to its unique styling. Features, such as the wide grille, narrow head lights, and visually extended rear window, all contribute towards the all-new BAYON'S sharp looks. Complementing the overall package are a total of nine colours, which includes an optional two-tone roof in black.
Emphasis has been placed on creating a spacious interior for passengers of all sizes. As such, this crossover has a generous amount of head and knee room in the front and rear. All models come with five doors as standard, so gaining access to the back seats is easy; ideal for fitting a child's seat.
With 411 litres of space, the boot can accommodate just about any everyday task, such as food shopping. The intelligent boot cover can slide in behind the back seats for convenient storage when it isn't required.
Technology and Safety
Typical of Hyundai, the BAYON is well-equipped and boasts a range of desirable safety features. Entry-level models get an 8-inch Display Audio infotainment system, and includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard. However, a sharper 10.25-inch touchscreen system is also available, and comes with satellite-navigation.
Two USB ports can be found in the front, and one in the back, allowing for three devices to charge simultaneously. A wireless charging pad and a Bose sound system will be available, too.
Each model will come with Bluelink and LIVE services, which allows you to connect your smartphone to the car and access useful features such as maintenance schedules, cloud-based navigation routes, street parking information, and calendar integration.
BAYON available safety features:
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
- eCall (automatically alerts emergency services if the vehicle's airbags are deployed)
- Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW)
Engines and Performance
Initially, the BAYON will be available with two petrol engines, one of which features mild hybrid technology.
The entry-level 1.2-litre MPi petrol engine produces a humble 82bhp, but it offers flexible performance lower down in the rev-range and combines with a 5-speed manual gearbox to provide a refined ride.
Alternatively, there will be a turbocharged 1.0-litre GDi petrol unit that is fitted with a 48V mild hybrid system. Choose from two power outputs: 98bhp or 118bhp. Complementing this drivetrain is an intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT), which allows you to coast when you aren't using the accelerator. As a result, emissions and fuel usage are reduced. However, a more traditional 7-speed auto is also available.
- 10.25” Digital Cluster
- 16” Alloy Wheels
- 8” Touchscreen Display with Smart Device Integration
- Air Conditioning
- Automatic Headlights with Dusk Sensor
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Bluetooth® Connectivity with Voice Recognition
- Cruise Control with Speed Limiter
- Driver Attention Alert (DAA)
- Forward Collision Assist (FCA) with Pedestrian & Cyclist Detection
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- ISOFIX Anchorage Points – Rear
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Perimeter Alarm
- Rear Parking Sensors and Rear View Camera
Key features in addition to SE Connect:
- 10.25” Touchscreen Navigation with Bluelink®
- 17” Alloy Wheels
- Automatic Dimming Rear View Mirror
- Automatic Windscreen Wipers with Rain Sensor
- Chrome Finish Window Surround
- Climate Control with Automatic De-fog System
- Front Arm Rest with Storage
- Heated Front Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
- LED (MFR) Headlamps
- Privacy Glass: Rear Side and Tailgate
- Rear Combination LED Lights
- Wireless Charging Pad
Key features in addition to Premium:
- Black and Grey Interior
- Blind Spot Collision Warning (BCW)
- Lane Follow Assist (LFA)
- Smart Key: Keyless Entry and Engine Start/Stop Button
- Speakers: BOSE Premium System with Subwoofer
- Two Tone Roof and wing mirrors: Black
Test drive the Hyundai BAYON
The Hyundai BAYON represents a stylish entry-point into the brand's established range of SUVs, and will suit families who need the space, but don't want a car that's drastically bigger as a result. With advanced safety features, excellent connectivity, and efficient engine choices, the all-new BAYON is certain to hit the ground running.
Experience the BAYON yourself by contacting your nearest Evans Halshaw Hyundai retailer to arrange a test drive.