Introducing the Ford Galaxy
If that wasn't enough, Ford have made this stylish MPV super-efficient thanks to the inclusion of their latest range of engines and gearboxes. As a result, the Galaxy is kinder to the environment and requires less trips to the petrol station.
You can explore our latest Galaxy offers by using the button at the top of this page. Alternatively, you can carry on reading to learn more about what makes the Galaxy so popular.
Design and Practicality
Similar to the S-Max, you can slide the middle row forwards and backwards; you can even get them to recline. On top of this, the Galaxy's generous width means three adults can sit next to each other without struggling for elbow room.
The boot space is gargantuan as you'd imagine, with 700 litres available with the rearmost seats up and a borderline preposterous 2,339 litres available once they are all folded down.
Technology and Safety
A spacious interior that has been lined with plush materials may enhance the ambiance of the Galaxy, but it's the driver aids and safety equipment that really impress. Features that helped the Galaxy achieve a 5 star Euro NCAP rating include:
- Pre-Collision Assist
- Intelligent Protection System (IPS)
- Advanced airbag system
- Rear ISOFIX child seat attachment points
- Emergency Brake Assist
Ford have also made every effort to ensure the Galaxy is a user-friendly experience that makes everyday life easier, with features including:
- EasyFold system for the rear seats
- Hands-free liftgate
- Dual Zone Climate Control
- SYNC 3 infotainment system
- Eight speaker sound system
- Heated front windscreen
Economy and Performance
The 1.5-litre EcoBoost petrol engine is ideal for owners who spend more time in the urban jungle because of its ultra low emissions and ability to exploit spaces in traffic with ease. The 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engines offer better fuel economy, but are better suited to the open road where the Galaxy's legs can be stretched a bit more.
A 6-speed manual gearbox comes as standard on any of the engines you choose, and offers a slick shift that's a joy to use. If you want a more laid-back driving experience, then we recommend the 8-speed automatic gearbox.
Ford Galaxy Zetec is the perfect family car that comes with seven seats and a host of desirable features:
- 17" Multi-spoke alloy wheel
- Halogen front fog lights
- LED rear lights
- Quickclear heated front windscreen
- ISOFIX attachments for child seats - for each 2nd row seat
- Electric handbrake
- Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
- Ford DAB radio with CD player
- SYNC 3 with 8" Touchscreen
- Remote control central locking
- Ford Power Start button
- Power operated front and rear windows with rear power child lock
- My Key
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Cruise Control with Active Speed LimiterPre-Collision Assist
Standard features (in addition to Zetec):
- 17" 5x2-spoke alloy wheel
- LED Daytime running lights
- Rear Privacy Glass - dark glass to rear windows
- Ford SYNC 3 DAB Navigation System
- 230V power outlet in centre console
- Ambient lighting
- Automatic headlights
- Keyless Entry system
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Lane Keeping Aid including: Driver Impairment Monitor, Active Steering with Lane Departure Warning
Test Drive the Ford Galaxy
The Ford Galaxy has been a firm favourite among larger families since its introduction all those years ago. Now, with a host of technology and efficient engines helping to drive it forward, we don't see its popularity dwindling anytime soon. Comfort and practicality were the priority when Ford created the Galaxy, so you're in luck if that's what you're looking for.
Take a look at our latest Galaxy offers above. You can book a test drive at your nearest Evans Halshaw retailer if you're still not convinced.