Introducing the Citroën Berlingo
Sometimes the aim isn't to go as fast as you possibly can, or make an extravagant entrance upon arrival. Instead, it's about enjoying the endless adventures and memories you can share with family and friends.
Ultimately, that's where the innovative Citroën Berlingo comes into the picture. Offering amazing levels of modularity and practicality, this is one MPV that is guaranteed to impress on a daily basis.
A number of safety features and driver aids add to the Berlingo's impressive design, and have all been designed to ensure your journey is stress-free. Citroën's latest range of efficient engines and gearboxes complete what is a very well-rounded package.
Design and Practicality
Berlingo is available in two different body styles; the smallest is called 'M' and the larger model is called 'XL'. If you only needs five seats, then the shorter wheelbase is the one for you. However, the XL is a must-have if you need seven-seats on a regular basis.
Even if you don't need the extra seats in the XL, you will benefit from a massive 2,693 litres of storage space with the rear seats folded completely flat (850 litres with the seats up). The 'M' body style still gives you 2,126 litres of space to play with once the seats are folded flat (587 litres with the seats up); hardly cramped.
Access to the rear is easy thanks to the two sliding doors. Once you're inside, you will find the lush seats have benefited from the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme.
Technology and Safety
Berlingo isn't just a basic leisure vehicle, because it comes loaded with a host of innovative technologies that have been designed to make everyday life more convenient. The 8-inch touchscreen that sits at the top of the centre console provides four connectivity solutions, which include:
- Mirror Screen
- Citroën Connect Nav
- Citroën Connect Box (car breakdown assistance)
- Wireless phone charging
A number of safety features can be found in the Berlingo, which have been carefully engineered to give you peace of mind. They include:
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Driver Attention Alert
- Blind Spot Monitoring System
- Extended Traffic Sign Recognition
- Active Lane Keeping Assistance
- Active Safety Brake with Top Rear Vision
Economy and Performance
Citroën Berlingo is available with a choice of two petrol engines or three diesels, ensuring there is an option to suit all types of driving. An added bonus is that they all offer excellent real-world performance and emit low levels of CO2.
- 1.2-litre PureTech 110 (manual)
- 1.2-litre PureTech 130 (8-speed automatic)
- 1.5-litre BlueHDi 75 (manual)
- 1.5-litre BlueHDi 100 (manual)
- 1.5-litre BlueHDi 130 (manual or 8-speed automatic)
Grip Control® helps deploy power on challenging surfaces by adjusting the traction control accordingly. Hill Descent Assist helps by keeping the car at a steady speed when tackling steep inclines.
Standard features include:
- Safety Pack
- 16" steel wheel with Twirl trims
- 8" capacitive touchscreen
- Coffee Break Alert
- Split folding rear seats
- Pop-out opening rear side windows
- Seating: -1/3 - 2/3 folding rear seat (2 row)
- Daytime running lights
In addition to or above Feel:
- 16" Starlit alloy wheels
- Visibility pack
- Citroen connect navigation
- Citroën Connect Box Emergency and Assistance System
- Gloss black roof bars
- LED daytime running lights
- Voice recognition (radio, navigation and telephony features)
- Connected 3D Navigation: includes TomTom® Live updates (3 year Connected 3D Navigation: includes TomTom® Live updates (3 year subscription)
Test Drive the Citroën Berlingo
The latest-generation of Berlingo continues to excel as a leisure vehicle that can cater to your regular working life during the week, and then take your family on an adventure at the weekend. With its modular and practical interior complementing the efficient engines and useful driver aids, it's almost a no-brainer.
Contact your nearest Evans Halshaw Citroën retailer today if you wish to learn more about the Berlingo and how it could be tailored to your needs.