Introducing the Renault Clio E-Tech Hybrid
Maximising electric driving and enjoyment, Renault's innovative and exclusive E-Tech technology has enabled them to develop two types of hybrid vehicles; the All-New Clio E-Tech and the All-New Captur E-Tech Plug-in Hybrid.
A combination of hybrid performance and the adaptability of Clio, the All-New Clio E-Tech is the first hybrid model produced by Renault and benefits from 100% electric starting. Transitioning between the engine and full-electric mode is smooth and barely noticeable, providing a pleasant drive whether in the city or on the motorway.
With the Clio consistently being a popular choice amongst UK drivers, the Clio E-Tech Hybrid will without a doubt appeal to drivers looking for an eco-friendly, affordable hatchback.
Economy and Performance
The 138bhp E-Tech is the most powerful Clio, yet still manages to emit only 98g/km of CO2 (WLTP) and returns impressive fuel economy of up to 64.2mpg (WLTP). Combining electric and combustion engines with an efficient automatic Multi-mode gearbox, the Clio E-Tech consumes up to 40% less fuel compared to a conventional petrol engine when driving on the motorway or in the city. Due to being a full hybrid there's no range anxiety and no requirement to plug-in to charge.
Thanks to the instant responsiveness from its electric engines, drivers can enjoy speedy acceleration and 80% of city driving time with all-electric power. The new-generation 1.6-litre petrol engine is accompanied by two electric motors, a High-voltage Starter Generator (HSG) and an innovative, efficient multi-mode clutch-less gearbox.
Renault are experienced in the electrified vehicle field, due to their involvement in Formula 1, and they have developed a sophisticated way of managing the three power sources in order to offer a true electric experience for all.
Electric pleasure with no charging, as the Clio E-Tech Hybrid is a full hybrid (HEV), there is no need to plug-in to charge the vehicle.
Regenerative braking, combined with the high charging capacity of the 1.2 kWh batteries and the efficiency of the E-Tech system, helps to optimise energy, whilst delivering significant reductions in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
Clio E-Tech Hybrid Models
- DAB radio with Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Full LED headlights
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) with lane departure warning, lane keep assist, autonomous emergency braking and traffic sign recognition
- 7" TFT Drivers information display
- EV Mode selector
Key features in addition to Play:
- 7" EASY LINK multimedia screen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ mirroring, plus satellite navigation
- Hands Free Key Card access
- Leather steering wheel
- Rear parking sensors
- 16" diamond cut alloys
Key features in addition to Iconic:
- 9.3" portrait touchscreen with navigation, Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- C-shaped LED signature lighting
- Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
- 17" diamond cut alloy wheels
- R.S. Line exterior styling
- R.S. Line 17" diamond cut alloy wheels
- R.S. Line exclusive seats
- R.S. Line steering wheel
- 17" Viva Stella diamond cut alloy wheels with black inserts
- Shark fin antenna
- Blue exterior and interior colour pack
- Black door mirrors
- Grey fabric upholstery with blue stitching
- Vision Grey interior detail
- Electronic parking brake with Auto hold
- Central armrest with Auto hold
- MULTI-SENSE system - Ambient lighting and driving mode selector
Test Drive the New Renault Clio E-Tech Hybrid
Benefiting from full-electric driving but no range-anxiety or need for plug-in charging the Clio E-Tech hybrid includes all the features you can find in the conventional All-New Clio with the additional bonus of fuel savings and reduced emissions.
The iconic small car has an advanced multimedia system, a spacious interior and optimum safety features as well as a silent electric experience.
If you'd like to test drive the New Renault Clio E-Tech Hybrid then please contact your nearest Evans Halshaw Renault retailer.