Introducing the Peugeot 408
The Peugeot 408 is the first of its kind, sporting a striking new fastback silhouette with the high driving position of an SUV and luxury saloon-like styling.
Synonymous with many cars in the range, the 408 is designed with convenience in mind, brimming with cutting-edge technology and safety features, including the brand's i-Cockpit multi-mode instrument panel.
With a range of efficient petrol and hybrid powertrains on offer, the brand-new Peugeot 408 is available to order through your local Evans Halshaw Peugeot retailer.
Design and Practicality
The Peugeot 408 is brought together by its unique and fresh exterior design, featuring an intricate grille with Peugeot's new lion head logo and spaceship-like Matrix LED headlights.
Style only elevates when stepping inside the 408, with plush materials and a futuristic design that feels no less than luxurious to experience. Designed to replicate the interior of the 308, the 408 keeps the well-loved design traits of the popular hatchback but with more space and comfort all round.
Borrowing elements from Peugeot's SUV and hatchback models, the 408 boasts a remarkably spacious interior whilst still remaining sleek and good to drive. Families who opt for the 408 will benefit from numerous storage locations and a generous boot capacity of 536 litres stretching to 1,611 litres with the rear seats folded.
Technology and Safety
Extensive is an understatement when it comes to technology in the Peugeot 408, with plenty of advanced gadgets and driver assistance systems to provide drivers with an exciting experience as well as peace of mind while out on the road.
Peugeot's i-Cockpit features an impressive 3D instrument unit with a 10-inch digital touch-screen display, which allows users to toggle functions such as LED ambient lighting with eight colours to choose from.
Comfort is second-to-none inside the 408, with the option of a heated steering wheel and massaging seats on selected models, and even the ability to toggle the ideal air temperature for your journey.
Driver assistance technologies highlights:
- Semi-autonomous driving with new Drive Assist 2.0 Pack
- Night vision
- Parking assistance with 360-degree vision
- Long-range blind spot monitoring
- Automatic emergency braking
Engines and Performance
The brand-new Peugeot 408 is available with both petrol and plug-in hybrid powertrains, including two 1.6-litre rechargeable hybrid versions with an electric only range of 40 miles, and a conventional 1.2-litre petrol version. All three powertrains are paired with an 8-speed automatic gearbox as standard.
Charging the plug-in hybrid 408 models should be quick and easy, taking less than two hours to reach full charge with a 7kW home wallbox and around seven and a half hours using a standard 3-pin plug.
An all-electric e-408 will be available within the next year and is said to have a range of at least 200 miles between charges.
Peugeot 408 Models
Key features include:
- Connected Navigation
- Virtual i-Toggles®
- LED ambient lighting
- 180° Reversing Camera with Wash System
- Smartbeam Assist
Key features in addition to Allure:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Long Range Blind Sport Detection
- Front Parking Sensors
- PEUGEOT Open & Go (keyless entry)
Key features in addition to Allure Premium:
- Full Matrix LED headlights
- Lane Position Assist;
- Smart Electric Tailgate
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Tri-Material Alcantara® interior
First Edition Plug-In Hybrid
Key features include:
- Advanced Emergency Braking System with video camera & radar
- Drive Assist Pack (includes rear cross traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, and long range blind spot detection)
- Lane Position Assist
- 10" 3D Digital instrument panel system
- 180-degree colour reversing camera with wash system
- Driver Sport Pack – steering/accelerator/gearbox & digital engine sound (can be deactivated)
- Front & Rear parking sensors
- PEUGEOT e-Remote Control*^ - vehicle charging and cabin pre - conditioning
- Full 3D LED rear lights with PEUGEOT 'Claw effect' daytime running lights and sequential 'welcome sequence'
- PEUGEOT i-CONNECT® Advanced* (includes Connected Navigation, 'Over the air'updates, and voice recognition)
- 20" 'Monolithe' Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels finished in matt onyx black
Test drive the new Peugeot 408
The 408 stands out in Peugeot's car range as an entirely new and unique fastback coupé with a striking exterior design and a luxurious cabin.
And whilst style is on the top of Peugeot's list for the 408, it's also built with comfort and practicality in mind, offering generous space for any occasion and unrivalled technology, making every journey even more pleasing and intuitive.
To experience the new 408 for yourself, simply book a test drive through your nearest Evans Halshaw Peugeot retailer.