Introducing the Peugeot e-2008
Peugeot have joined the evolution of the motor-car with the introduction of the e-2008, a 100 percent electric version of their highly regarded 2008. We're confident this will prove a fine move for the French automotive giants, who promise the technology and practicality of the conventionally-powered e-2008 will be perfectly complemented by the sensational driving dynamics offered by an all-electric drivetrain.
With fast-charging and usable real-world range on a brimmed battery, the e-2008 is guaranteed to offer a realistic and desirable alternative to traditional petrol or diesel powered vehicles.
If you're worried about the bills associated with replacing batteries, then you will be pleased to know that the e-2008's car battery has an 8-year warranty (or 100,000 miles) for 70 percent of its charge capacity.
Range and Performance
Electric vehicles are climbing in popularity because of the number of benefits they offer over a traditional petrol or diesel powered vehicle. With a range of up to 193 miles on a full-charge, e-2008 offers real-world usability, while producing 0g CO2 emissions - so you can do your bit for the environment.
Furthermore, the nature of an all-electric car means the e-2008 will offer supremely responsive and sharp acceleration (thanks to the immediate torque available) and a silent engine, which only adds to the serene driving experience.
With fast charging and significantly reduced running costs, the Peugeot e-2008 represents the perfect time to join the evolution.
Peugeot have made it simple and easy to charge your electric car at your home, work place or out on the road at a public charging station, of which there are more than 26,000 in the UK - a number that is constantly rising.
While it is possible to charge the vehicle from a standard UK three-pin plug, it will take a long time, so you're best off getting a wallbox installed at your home (our associates can offer advice about this) which will reduce the empty-to-full charge time to just seven hours - simply plug it in overnight, like a smartphone.
When you're out and about, a standard 50kW public charger will boost the battery from 20 to 80 percent in just 40 minutes, while a rapid charger reduces that time to only 20 minutes for increased convenience.
- 16" 'Elborn' alloy wheels
- 'Black Diamond' door mirrors
- Automatic air-conditioning
- Electric, heated and power folding door mirrors
- Electrochrome rear view mirror
- Active Safety Brake
- Eco LED headlights
- Peugeot Connect SOS and Assistance
Key features in addition to Active Premium:
- 17" 'Salamanca' diamond cut alloy wheels
- Gloss black longitudinal roof rails
- High centre console with two cup holders
- 180° colour reversing camera
- Electric parking brake
- Dark tinted rear side and tailgate windows
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®: Configurable heads-up display panel
- 2 x USB sockets in the rear
Key features in addition to Allure Premium:
- Diamond Black roof
- 8-colour interior ambient lighting
- Smartphone charging plate
- 10" capacitive colour touchscreen
- Peugeot Connected 3D Navigation: includes TomTom Live updates (3 years)
- Full LED headlights with Smartbeam Assist
- Blind spot monitoring
- Heated front seats
- Front parking sensors
Key features in addition to GT:
- 18" 'Evissa' diamond cut alloy wheels
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go function
- Lane positioning assist
- Peugeot Open and Go (keyless entry and push button start)
- Seating: Tri-material black Alcantara and 'Isabella' cloth seat trim with lime green stitch detail
Test Drive the Peugeot e-2008
Peugeot are really impressing when it comes to their SUV range, and in particular the 100 percent electric e-2008 is another example of the company really getting to grips with electric vehicle technology.
To experience the e-2008 for yourself, please book a test drive at your nearest Evans Halshaw Peugeot retailer.