Introducing the new Kia ProCeed
The ProCeed is Kia's answer to those who have been asking for a shooting brake bodystyle that sits in between the dependable hatchback and spacious estate.
A striking silhouette is just the start, because Kia's intention to give the new ProCeed a sporty driving experience can be seen throughout the interior too. The sharp features and eye-catching alloy wheel designs means the South Korean manufacturer has provided us with another good-looking car.
Not just a pretty face, Kia have loaded the new ProCeed with a series of advanced driver aids and safety features, which offer a hassle-free driving experience and complete peace of mind. Like all new Kia models, the new ProCeed comes with an industry-leading 7-year manufacturer warranty.
Design and Practicality
Hatchbacks and estates are very practical and versatile cars, so it's no surprise that the new ProCeed, a car that blends those two body styles, is incredibly practical and spacious inside.
Up front, the low seating position means there's acres of head room for taller drivers, while those who are shorter in the leg will appreciate the amount of adjustability available. It's a similar story in the back seats, with generous amounts of legroom making it easy to get comfy.
Fitting a child's seat is hassle-free thanks to the easily accessible ISOFIX anchor points. Loading luggage into the 594 litres of boot space (1,545 litres with the seats folded down) is made easier thanks to a Smart Power Tailgate which allows the boot to open automatically if it detects you're waiting within close proximity.
Technology and Safety
The new ProCeed hosts all the latest technology, including heated front seats to help keep you warm in the winter months. Manoeuvres are made easier thanks to technology such as Kia's Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA) that alerts (and intervenes if required) the driver of obstacles when reversing out of a parking space or driveway.
A large twin display is the centrepiece of the interior and is made up of a 10.25-inch LCD touchscreen and a 12.3-inch full digital instrument cluster (4.2-inch with GT-Line and GT models). Other features such as a crisp JBL sound system and Kia Connect make every journey more enjoyable.
Kia have made it their priority to include an optimum level of safety too, with a number of advanced features designed to protect you and your family on the roads, such as:
- Reversing Camera System with Dynamic Guidelines
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- High-Beam Assist
Economy and Performance
The engine line-up is made up of two petrol engines that provide a pleasant mixture of performance and economy.
The 1.5-litre petrol engine is the entry-level option and produces 158bhp, returning around 48mpg on a combined run. It's a good choice if you want a flexible all-round performer, but by no means is this variation slow as 0 to 62mph can be achieved in as little as 8.6 seconds. You also get the choice of manual or automatic.
For those who want a sportier drive, there's the larger 1.6-litre engine that produces 201bhp. With 0-62mph taking 7.2 seconds and a fruity exhaust note enhancing the experience, this unit is perfect for enthusiasts. The slick 7-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission comes as standard with this choice.
- 17-inch GT-Line Alloy Wheels
- High Gloss Black & Satin Chrome Radiator Grille
- Projection Headlights
- Black Cloth and Light Grey Faux Leather Seats
- Leather D-Cut Steering Wheel with Grey Stitching
- 6-speaker Audio System
- 4.2-inch Supervision Colour Cluster Display
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go Functionality (DCT only)
- Heated Front Seats & Steering Wheel
- High-Beam Assist (HBA)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) - City/Pedestrian/Cyclist
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW+) with Leading Vehicle Departure Warning
Key features in addition to GT-Line:
- 18-inch Premium Alloy Wheel
- Wide Sunroof with Tilting / Sliding Function & Automatic Electric Roll Blind
- LED Bi-Function Headlights
- 12.3-inch TFT Supervision Cluster Display
- 10-way Power Adjustable Driver's Memory Seat (Tilting, Sliding, Reclining, Lumbar, Height Adjustment) with Power Lumbar Support on Front Passenger's Side
- Heated Outer Rear Seats
- Black Leather and Faux Suede with Grey Stitching
- Smart Power Tailgate
- 40:20:40 Split Folding Rear Seats with Remote Folding
- 8-Speaker JBL® Premium Sound System
- Wireless Mobile Phone Charger
- Smart Park Assist System (SPAS) Parallel/Perpendicular/reverse with Front & Rear Parking Sensors
- Rear Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist (BCA)
Test Drive the Kia ProCeed
The shooting brake concept is a niche market when you consider the popularity of estates and larger SUVs.
However, Kia have done such a great job with the new ProCeed that it's well worth your consideration if you need the space of an SUV, but prefer the driving dynamics of a sportier hatchback. Don't forget the 7-year/100,000 miles industry-leading warranty that comes with all Kia vehicles too.
Book a test drive at your nearest Evans Halshaw Kia retailer today to discover the new ProCeed for yourself.