Introducing the Ford Transit Connect
The Ford Transit Connect is a small, versatile van that has been designed to offer driving dynamics that are similar to a regular car. The end result is a van that is easy and enjoyable to drive on a daily basis.
Thanks to a range of efficient engines and gearboxes, the Transit Connect is very frugal, making it ideal for businesses who want to reduce the annual running costs of their fleet. Safety and driver aids have been packed into the Transit Connect, which have all been engineered to make your journey a stress-free experience.
Read on to find out more about the Ford Transit Connect and what it could bring your business, we don't think you'll be disappointed.
Design and Practicality
The Transit Connect offers two van lengths for you to choose from based on your needs. The first variant is called 'L1' and can carry items up to 3 metres in length, while the second variant - called 'L2' - can carry items up to 3.4 metres in length.
The smooth sliding side doors may be an option, but if you find yourself having to offload cumbersome items throughout the day, then it would be an excellent investment.
Tie down points are usually located on the floor, but these can prove difficult to get to, so Ford positioned them just above the floor on the side walls; simple and effective.
Technology and Safety
The Transit Connect is generously equipped across its range of specifications, with a number of desirable features coming as standard; including:
- Ford SYNC 3 infotainment system
- Device dock that can hold your satnav or smartphone
- 12-volt power socket and USB connectivity
- Heated front windscreen
- Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
Ford have been busy packing the Transit Connect with a host of safety technologies that have been designed to protect yourself and pedestrians. Safety features include:
- Pre-Collision Assist
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Trailer Sway Control
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Engines and Performance
Designed to meet the latest Euro regulations, the engines Ford have made available for the Transit Connect are efficient and frugal, which results in less trips to the pumps.
An award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine is available, and makes perfect sense for those who spend a large chunk of their time in and around the city. The punchy nature of the power delivery makes progress easy work. On the other hand, you have the dependable 1.5-litre EcoBlue diesel engines (available with 74 bhp, 98 bhp or 118 bhp). We recommend these engines for those who are going to be hauling heavier items on a regular basis.
A six-speed manual gearbox comes as standard, although the 8-speed automatic is worthy of consideration if you want better economy and a more relaxed driving experience.
Transit Connect Models
- Single Side Load Door
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Overhead stowage
- 6.5 X 16" Steel road wheels
- Power windows
- Rake & reach steering wheel
- DAB Radio with USB & Bluetooth
- Steering wheel radio controls
- Driver's airbag
- ABS/EBD/ESC and hill start assist
- Remote central/double locking
- Active grille shutter
- Auto Start Stop and EcoSelect function
Additional to leader:
- Front fog lamps
- 6.5 X 16" Steel road wheels with cover
- Body colour front bumper
- Body colour rear bumper end caps
- Quickclear Heated Front Screen
- Audio System with 4.2" screen
- Glove box with lid
- Easy clean floor
- Power Door Mirrors (Heated)
- Slimline Full steel bulkhead *
Additional to Trend:
- 16" 5-Spoke Alloy Sparkle Silver
- Body colour mirrors & handles & bodyside moulding
- Static Cornering Lamps (includes standard fog lamp)
- Electric front windows with power up
- Power Fold Door Mirrors (Heated)
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Heated driver and passenger seat
- Leather steering wheel
- Cruise Control with Adjustable Speed Limiter
- Reverse Parking Aid
- Auto Headlamps and Rain Sensitive Wipers
- Thatcham Category 1 Alarm
- Keyless start
- LED loadspace lighting
Additional to Limited:
- 16" alloy wheels with unique Titanium design
- Sport styling pack with front and rear stripes, chromed rear bumper scuff plate and styling kit
- Roof Rails (L1 only on DCiV)
- Dual zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)
- Heated driver and passenger seat
- Delete spare wheel (optional spare wheel can be specified)
Test Drive the Ford Transit Connect
Versatile, practical and incredibly reasonable to run on an annual basis, Transit Connect has all the trademarks you could want from a working van. On top of this, the numerous driver aids and safety technologies make it a no-brainer for working professionals who want to get from A to B stress-free.
Contact your local Evans Halshaw Ford today to discover how the Connect could help your business, our friendly team are always on hand to give you the best possible deal and answer your questions.