Introducing the Ford Ranger
The Ford Ranger is a robust and versatile pick-up truck that makes a powerful statement every day.
Available in a variety of trims ranging from 'XL' up to 'Raptor', the Ranger is packed with all the equipment you'll ever need on a daily basis - it also provides an excellent opportunity for you to get the exact spec you want without paying for features you don't need.
Ford have been hard at work to ensure the Ranger offers superior economy and lower emissions over its predecessor. Remarkably, they have managed to achieve this while being able to produce more power and torque. So not only is the Ranger cheaper to run on a daily basis, it provides more pulling power - essential for towing trailers and moving heavy loads.
If you want to find out where the Ranger could take your business, then contact your local Evans Halshaw Ford dealership today. With some fantastic offers and deals available, we guarantee you won't leave disappointed.
Practicality and Towing
The Ranger name has been in the UK for over 20 years now, and represents a hard-working utility vehicle that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to run. The latest generation is more dependable than ever, with a gross payload capacity of over a tonne* and a 3,500 kg towing capability**.
On top of this, the Ranger has the ability to wade through water that is 800mm deep without hesitation. Depending on the specification you choose, the Ranger has a ground clearance of up to 237mm.
When coupling these attributes with the chunky off-roading tyres, you will never struggle with challenging terrains. The pickup box is wide enough to carry everything you need; ranging from trade tools up to equipment needed for a successful outdoor adventure.
Technology and Safety
'Go anywhere, get everywhere' is the slogan used by Ford when marketing the Ranger, which is a bold statement. Thankfully, the Ranger's clever on-board computers allow you to tackle just about any terrain with confidence. Better yet, you can switch between 2WD and 4WD at the flick of a switch; essential for a working vehicle that is used frequently on the road. Other features that make the Ranger a class-leader include:
- Hill Descent Control
- Parking distance sensors
- Driver Alert (warns you when you're fatigued)
- Hill Start Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Active Park Assist
To top it all off, the Ranger boasts a 5 star Euro NCAP rating thanks to its robust build and range of innovate safety features.
Engines and Performance
The latest Ford Ranger has been engineered to work harder and return better efficiency. Courtesy of a range of new engines and an advanced new gearbox, the Ranger has achieved just that. The inclusion of Auto Stop-Start makes a world of difference for owners who travel into the city, or find themselves in traffic on a regular basis.
Ford have kept it simple with the engine choices, because each variant is derived from the same 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine. The only thing you have to do is decide how much power and torque you need at your disposal. Three options are available, with the most powerful variant offering 210 bhp and 368 lb/ft.
A 6-speed manual gearbox comes as standard, although you can now spec a sophisticated 10-speed automatic transmission that increases fuel efficiency and adapts to the changing conditions around you.
Standard features include:
- 16" steel wheels
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Ford Easy-Fuel capless refuelling system
- Electrically-operated front windows
- Ford DAB radio with Bluetooth connectivity
- Body coloured front bumpers
- Electrically-operated and heated door mirrors
Standard features (in addition to XL) include:
- 16" alloy wheels
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel with remote audio controls
- Cruise control
- Manual air conditioning with pollen filter
- Power heated, foldable door mirrors
- Bedliner with protective side wall
- Radio/DAB with 4.2" TFT screen
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity SYNC with Voice Control, Applink and Emergency assistance
Standard features (in addition to XLT) include:
- 17" alloy wheels
- 8-way adjustable driver's seat with lumbar support
- Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC) air conditioning
- Rear parking distance sensors
- Leather seat trim
- Heated front seats
- Rear privacy glass
- Premium carpet floor mats
- Chrome tubular sports bar
Standard features (in addition to Limited) include:
- 18" machined alloy wheels
- Titanium effect painted front grille
- Rear-view camera
- Plastic moulded side steps with brushed-finish metallic inserts
- Aerodynamic titanium-effect sports bar
- A choice of seven ambient interior lighting colours with dimming control
Standard features include:
- 18" alloy wheels in Ebony Black finish
- Ebony Black aerodynamic sports hoop with integrated loadbox illumination and Race
Red stripe decal
- Electrically-operated and heated powerfoldable door mirrors with puddle lights and side indicators
- Sea Grey metallic body colour
- Black powder-coated roof rails
- Black moulded side steps
- Ebony Black door handles
- Ebony Black mesh design grille with RaceRed
- Partial-leather seat trim design
The Ranger Raptor, a pick-up truck that has been given a dose steroids and now has an attitude problem. Think of anywhere, and the Raptor will take you there as the crow flies.
- Bi-Xenon Headlamps with automatic headlamp control
- Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
- Heated Windshield and Rear Window
- ICE Feature Pack
- Dual Control System - EATC
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Electrochromic Inside Mirror
- Ebony Headliner
- Tailgate (with Easy-lift/lower mechanism)
- Black Side Step (with Raptor Logo)
Test Drive the Ford Ranger
The Ford Ranger is the ideal pickup truck for any business that needs a real workhorse that can get the job done. With a gigantic towing capacity, useful payload and a powerful range of engines, the Ranger suits a wide variety of users.
On top of all its work-life prowess, the Ranger is so comfortably and technologically advanced when it comes to features and safety that it also makes an excellent family car as well.