Introducing the Ford Tourneo Courier
The Ford Tourneo Courier has been designed to strike the perfect balance between work and play. The new and carefully crafted interior can comfortably accommodate up to five people. If transporting friends and family isn't on the agenda, then the rear of the Tourneo Courier can be configured to give you a colossal amount of storage space.
Under the bonnet of the Tourneo Courier is a choice of Ford's latest petrol and diesel engines, which meet the latest Euro stage 6.2 emissions regulations without the need for additives. Not only will you have ample power at your disposal, you will benefit from less trips to the pumps.
Carry on reading to discover where Tourneo Courier could take you.
Design and Practicality
The Tourneo Courier is a compact multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) that has been designed to offer a unique blend of everyday practicality and efficiency in a package that excels in the city.
You can comfortably seat up to five people inside the Tourneo Courier, which makes it brilliant for those daily school runs. Alternatively, the introduction of Flexible Seating means you can turn the space into a large van-like load-lugger.
To put it into perspective, the 708 litre boot space is twice as big as the popular Ford Focus. The best bit is that the rear of the Tourneo Courier can be accessed via a large sliding door, which makes life so much easier on a daily basis.
Technology and Safety
The Tourneo Courier may not boast as much kit as its larger siblings, but it still gets a host of desirable features that make everyday life and driving more enjoyable, which include:
- SYNC 3 infotainment system (available with a 6-inch colour touchscreen)
- Device dock with USB connectivity port
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Heated front windscreen
Don't think Ford have neglected the safety aspect of the Tourneo Courier, either. A 4 star Euro NCAP rating was achieved thanks to the following safety features:
- Enhanced Airbag System
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Roll Stability Control system
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Rear ISOFIX child seat attachment points
Economy and Performance
Ford have kept it refreshingly simple with the Tourneo Courier, because you can either select a punchy petrol engine, or spec a frugal diesel engine.
The award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine is a little cracker that manages to return excellent fuel economy without compromising on accessible power. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre TDCi Duratorq diesel engine can devour miles without hesitation, making it ideal if you spend a lot of time going on long-distance adventures. Auto Start-Stop comes as standard on both engines, which is ideal for the city!
Tourneo Courier is equipped with a slick 6-speed manual gearbox, which is easy to use and helps this MPV return excellent fuel economy.
Tourneo Courier Models
The Zetec may be the entry level trim level, but it still offers plenty of bang for your hard-earned money:
- Dual sliding rear passenger doors with flip out windows
- Power front windows
- Quickclear heated windscreen with heated washer jets
- Front fog lights
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Hill Start Assist
- Tyre repair Kit
- Remote central locking with power door dead locks
- Ford DAB Radio with Bluetooth, USB and four speakers
- Manual air conditioning
- Cruise control & adjustable speed limiter
- Drivers armrest and lumbar support
- Driver and passenger airbags, seat side and side curtain airbags
- Adjustable rear package tray
- Tray tables behind front row seats
- Engine immobiliser
The Titanium adds some more luxury to the daily drive, making the Tourneo Courier a great place to spend time, regardless of the distance you're travelling. On top of the Zetec, this is what you will benefit from:
- 16" Alloy Wheels
- Chrome surround grillle
- Auto Headlights
- Auto Windshield Wiper
- Privacy Glass
- Roof Rails - Bright Finish
- EATC Air-con
- "Submarine" Lighting interior with Glove box illumination
- Leather Gear Knob
- Power front windows (1 touch up/down)
- SYNC 3 with 6" colour touch screen and DAB radio
- Electrochromatic inside mirror
Test Drive the Ford Tourneo Courier
Tourneo Courier is the must-have vehicle for adventurers who need a practical family car that can get them to work in comfort throughout the week, and then get them down to the seaside with all their outdoors equipment on the weekend. In short, it's an affordable lifestyle vehicle that also happens to look good too.
Why not come and take a look at one yourself by visiting your nearest Evans Halshaw retailer today?