Introducing the Renault Megane Sport Tourer E-Tech Plug-in Hybrid
Demonstrating the best of the Renault Megane with all the benefits of a Plug-in Hybrid vehicle, the Renault Megane Sport Tourer E-Tech Plug-in Hybrid is the definition of the best of both worlds with minimal noise and immediate acceleration.
Synergy between the electric motors and the petrol engine ensure long journeys are easily achievable and the vehicle will automatically choose the optimal driving mode for maximised fuel efficiency. On the other hand, for an emission free drive, full-electric mode can be maintained for up to 40 miles.
During 2021, the E-Tech Plug-in Hybrid will also be available as a Megane hatchback version.
Range and Performance
Full-electric mode can be experienced for 30 miles up to a speed of 85mph in mixed cycle (WLTP) and 40 miles in urban cycle (WLTP City). Range doesn't need to be a concern when travelling on longer journeys, the versatile E-Tech hybrid is able to run using traditional fuel rather than just battery power alone.
Three driving modes are available to select:
- Pure: switches to full-electric mode providing there is enough power
- MySense: optimises the hybrid mode for lower running costs
- Sport: combined power of the three engine to provide maximum performance
Developed based on F1 experience and electric expertise, the powerful four-cylinder, 1.6-litre, 158bhp E-Tech Plug-in Hybrid engine combines with two electric motors and an innovative multi-mode clutch-less gearbox transmission to deliver a remarkable driving experience.
Two cables are supplied with the hybrid vehicle as standard:
- 3-pin socket cable: plug in to a domestic 3-pin socket to achieve a full charge in up to 4 hours 15 minutes
- Type 2 (mode 3): to be used with a dedicated home charger to achieve a full charge in 3 hours
Charging is simple and can be done at home, work or at one of the many public charging points located around the UK.
Thanks to Renault's electric knowledge and expertise gained from Formula 1®, the Megane E-Tech Plug-in Hybrid boasts an energy recovery system that captures energy through regenerative braking, in the same way as an F1 car.
New Renault Megane E-Tech Plug-in Hybrid: Coming Soon to Evans Halshaw
Just like the Renault Megane Sport Tourer E-Tech Plug-in Hybrid, the hatchback version provides reduced fuel consumption and CO2 emissions on both short and long journeys.
Utilising the same powertrain as the Sport Tourer, the hatchback delivers an equally as impressive driving experience.
Contact your local Evans Halshaw Renault dealership if you would like to be kept up-to-date with the hatchback version prior it to its release in 2021.
Megane Sport Tourer Plug-in Hybrid Models
- 16" Impulse diamond cut alloy wheels Slate Grey
- Leather steering wheel
- Visio System (lane departure warning, traffic sign recognition, automatic high/low beam)
- Electronic parking brake
- Renault hand-free card with remote locking
- Full LED headlights
- EV mode button
- MULTI-SENSE: 3 driving modes and 8 ambient lighting colours
- EASYLINK Navigation: 7" touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
Key features in addition to Iconic:
- 17" R.S. Line diamond cut alloy wheels
- R.S. Line interior and exterior design kit
- Side and rear E-Tech badging
- EASYLINK Navigation: 9.3" touchscreen
- Hands-free parking
Test Drive the Renault Megane Sport Tourer Plug-in Hybrid
Comfortable interior, practical boot space and a stylish exterior like the Megane Sport Tourer, but with the added versatility of a plug-in hybrid.
Allowing drivers to drive in full-electric mode, with zero emissions but with the ability to engage the engine to drive further distance at higher speeds, the Renault Megane Sport Tourer Plug-in Hybrid is now available to test drive and order.
Contact your local Evans Halshaw Renault dealership to arrange a test drive or check out our current offers.