Introducing the Peugeot 308
Redesigned throughout and sporting a duo of plug-in hybrid drivetrains, the Peugeot 308 builds on the success of its predecessor.
This third-generation model ushers the French brand's latest design language and features it alongside a host of innovative technologies. In addition, the 308 is the first Peugeot to wear the company's newly established logo.
Renowned for their futuristic and high-end interior layouts, Peugeot haven't disappointed with the 308, which will feature the latest PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® for an enhanced onboard experience.
Unlike the previous model, the 308 is available with plug-in hybrid technology alongside a range of conventional engines. With enhanced fuel economy and lower CO2 output, they make a lot of sense.
Design and Practicality
There's no denying the fact that the Peugeot 308 is a stunning car to look at. The 20mm reduction in height over the outgoing model helps to enhance the car's sleek silhouette, while features such as the signature three claw lights and elongated roof spoiler complement the striking bodywork.
Boasting a wheelbase that is 55mm longer than its predecessor may not sound all that interesting, but it translates to more leg room for passengers sitting in the back. Courtesy of improved glazing and acoustically laminated materials within the front doors, the Peugeot 308 has been designed to offer a whisper-quiet driving experience.
A generous 412-litre luggage capacity, that can grow to 1,323 litres with the rear seats folded down, means the Peugeot 308 is primed for everyday life. It's worth noting that there is a further 28 litres of hidden storage beneath the floor.
Technology and Safety
Peugeot have continued the theme of placing the driver at the forefront of the experience by fitting the 308 with the latest generation of their class-leading i-Cockpit® interior. Sitting at eye level, the 10-inch digital instrument cluster displays essential driving information. In addition, the screen has several display modes and can be customised to suit your preferences.
Beautifully integrated within the centre console, the PEUGEOT i-Connect® infotainment system commands instant attention thanks to its vibrant display. For ease-of-use, touch sensitive i-toggle shortcuts feature next to the infotainment system, and can be configured to control a number of functions, including the air-conditioning settings, radio station or applications.
Safety features and driver aids that are available as standard or as an option include:
- PEUGEOT Open and Go
- E-call+ emergency call with passenger number and location
- Long-range blind spot monitoring
- Active lane keeping assistance
- Automatic high beam
- Traffic sign recognition
- Automatic emergency braking with collision warning
The Peugeot 308 can connect to your smartphone via MYPEUGEOT, which boasts a host of convenient features.
Economy and Performance
Complying with the latest Euro 6D regulations, the Peugeot 308 is available with one petrol and a single diesel engine, as well as a duo of plug-in hybrid drivetrains.
The single 1.2-litre PureTech petrol engine with 130bhp offers flexible performance and low emissions, making it a strong performer. Meanwhile, the 1.5-litre BlueHDi engine produces similar power but offers better economy for motorists who cover greater distances on an annual basis. Both engines come with a slick 8-speed automatic gearbox.
Both plug-in hybrid drivetrains recruit a PureTech petrol engine and combines them with an 81kWh electric motor and 8-speed automatic gearbox. The two options are as follows:
- HYBRID 225: 180bhp engine and motor combination that can travel up to 36 miles on all-electric power
- HYBRID 180: 150bhp engine and motor combination that can travel up to 37 miles on all-electric power
Peugeot 308 Models
- Automatic air conditioning
- DAB Radio (Digital Audio Broadcasting)
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®: 10.0" HD touchscreen
- Automatic headlights
- Automatic windscreen wipers
- Parking sensors - rear
- Electric, heated and power folding door mirrors
- Active Safety Brake
Key features in addition/replacement to Active Premium:
- PEUGEOT Connect & SOS
- Automatic air conditioning with AQS 3 (Air Quality System)
- Visio Park 1: 180° Colour Reversing Camera
- High beam assist
- New PEUGEOT signature LED daytime running lights
- USB Socket (x2) rear including 1 USB-C
- New PEUGEOT customisable i-Toggles®
- Connected 3D Navigation: includes TomTom® Live updates (3 year subscription)
- New PEUGEOT i-Connect® (Activated by using "Ok PEUGEOT")
Key features in addition/replacement to Allure:
- Rear cross traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go function
- Long range Active Blind Spot Detection
- PEUGEOT Open & Go (keyless entry and push button start)
- Wireless Smartphone Charging
- Wireless connection for Android Auto / Apple CarPlay
Key features in addition/replacement to Allure Premium:
- Clean Cabin Technology linked to automatic air conditioning (using sensors to read the outside/inside air quality)
- PEUGEOT 3D i-Cockpit®: Configurable 3D head-up instrument panel
- Heated steering wheel
- Full Matrix LED headlights (with automatic adjustment)
- Rear full LED 3D PEUGEOT new 'Claw effect' lights (with sequential 'welcome sequence' upon unlocking the vehicle)
- LED lighting within glovebox
- 18" 'Kamakura' diamond cut two tone alloy wheels
- GT model designation badging (Petrol/ Diesel versions)
Test Drive the Peugeot 308
Peugeot are firmly establishing themselves as a manufacturer to beat where car design is concerned, something that reflects in the 308.
The high-end cabin layout and innovative technologies are perfectly matched to the sharp exterior appearance, while the introduction of plug-in hybrid drivetrains will prove to be a welcome one among motorists wanting to reduce their carbon footprint.
To experience the 308 for yourself, we recommend booking a test drive through your nearest Evans Halshaw Peugeot retailer.