Introducing the Ford S-MAX
Practical family cars don't get much better than the Ford S-MAX, which is the exact reason they have sold so well over the years. Thanks to the latest engine technology and a clever interior design, the S-MAX offers excellent everyday usability and running costs that are easy on the bank account.
Everything about the S-MAX has been designed to make daily driving safer and more comfortable for both the driver and passengers, which reflects in the features Ford have included. Don't think the S-MAX would be boring to drive, either, because Ford have worked their magic to ensure you can have fun on the daily commute.
Keep reading to find out more about the S-MAX and what it could bring to you and your family.
Design and Practicality
If you're after a stylish seven-seater that doesn't compromise on the driving experience, then you won't go wrong with the practical S-MAX; it's that simple.
Inside are seven individual seats that have been arranged into three rows; the middle row can slide back and recline too! The middle row has Isofix anchor points, which are easy to access thanks to the wide door openings.
With the seven seats in place, there is 285 litres worth of boot space for you to play with. This may not sound like a lot, but you can still get taller, more awkward items, such as suitcases in the rear with little issue. On top of this, the seats in the back can be folded down using handy buttons next to the boot lid to create a van-like storage space.
Technology and Safety
Ford have implemented a series of safety technologies when creating the S-MAX, because ensuring families get to their destination securely and stress-free is top priority. Features that helped the S-MAX secure a 5 star Euro NCAP rating include:
- Electronic Stability Control & Traction Control
- Advanced Intelligent Protection System (IPS)
- Airbag system that incorporates front seat pelvic and thorax airbags
Safety isn't the only focus, a series of desirable technologies have been fitted to the S-MAX to make daily driving easier and more enjoyable. Features include:
- Smart seating system for ultimate flexibility
- Ford KeyFree System
- Specially designed ergonomic seats that are certified by AGR (campaign for healthier backs)
- FordPass Connect that can pair with the FordPass mobile phone app
Economy and Performance
The latest computers and technologies aren't restricted to the cabin of the S-MAX, because Ford have made their latest range of diesel engines available to owners.
Plain and simply, there are two variants of a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine for you to choose from, both of which offer flexible power delivery and high efficiency. The 150 bhp variant is more than ample for mixed driving, although we're sure there are those among you who will appreciate the extra punch that comes with the 190 bhp version.
Both engines are available with a six-speed manual gearbox that is slick and quiet. However, there is the option to spec an eight-speed automatic gearbox on either engine, which is a welcome addition in city traffic.
- 17" Multi-spoke alloy wheels
- Daytime running lights
- Front fog lights
- Auto dimming rear view murrie
- Power fold mirrors - heated, indicators with puddle lamps
- Quickclear heated front windscreen
- Ford DAB Audio System
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Cruise control with Active Speed Limiter
- Pre-Collision Assist
- ISOFIX attachment for each second row seat
- Automatic wipers
- Leather trimmed steering wheel and gearshift knob (manual)
- Ford Power Start button and Electric Handbrake
Key features additional to Zetec:
- 17" 5x2-spoke alloy wheels
- LED daytime running lights
- Silver roof rails
- Automatic headlights
- Rear privacy glass
- Ford SYNC 3 DAB Navigation System
- Front seat back table trays
- Keyless Entry system
- Ambient lighting
- Traffic Sign Recognition, Lane Keeping Aid and Lane Departure Warning
- 10.1" semi-digital cluster
Key features additional to Titanium:
- 18" ST-Line alloy wheels
- Unique front, rear and side sports bodystyling with dark exterior detailing
- Rear spoiler
- Black trim to side windows
- Black roof rails
- Red brake calipers
- Sports suspension
- Unique ST-Line badging
- Variable heated front seats
- Perforated leather-trimmed, heated steering wheel with red stitching
- 8-way power driver's seat with memory
- Aluminium sports pedals
- Dark headliner
- ST-Line illuminated scuff plates
Key features additional to ST-Line:
- 19" 10-spoke polished alloy wheels
- Adaptive LED headlamps with Glare Free
- Fog lights with high gloss bezel and chrome surround
- Silver roof rails
- Premium leather-trimmed steering wheel
- SONY DAB audio with CD player with subwoofer and 12 speakers
- Enhanced ambient lighting
- Rear-view camera
- Power tailgate
- Unique exterior chrome detailing
- Premium leather trim with 10-way multi-contour front seats
Test Drive the Ford S-MAX
It's hard to go wrong with the Ford S-MAX if you're after a practical family car that is convenient, efficient and well-connected. Throw into the mix that there are a number of driver aids and safety technologies helping to make every journey stress-free, and you have a very fine companion for daily life.
You can explore our latest S-MAX offers by going to the top of this page. However, if you fancy a test drive before you consider one, then you can do just that at your nearest Evans Halshaw Ford retailer.