Introducing the Ford S-MAX
Practical family cars don't get much better than the Ford S-MAX, which is the exact reason they have sold so well over the years. Thanks to the latest engine technology and a clever interior design, the S-MAX offers excellent everyday usability and running costs that are easy on the bank account.
Everything about the S-MAX has been designed to make daily driving safer and more comfortable for both the driver and passengers, which reflects in the features Ford have included. Don't think the S-MAX would be boring to drive, either, because Ford have worked their magic to ensure you can have fun on the daily commute.
Keep reading to find out more about the S-MAX and what it could bring to you and your family.
Design and Practicality
If you're after a stylish seven-seater that doesn't compromise on the driving experience, then you won't go wrong with the practical S-MAX; it's that simple.
Inside are seven individual seats that have been arranged into three rows; the middle row can slide back and recline too! The middle row has Isofix anchor points, which are easy to access thanks to the wide door openings.
With the seven seats in place, there is 285 litres worth of boot space for you to play with. This may not sound like a lot, but you can still get taller, more awkward items, such as suitcases in the rear with little issue. On top of this, the seats in the back can be folded down using handy buttons next to the boot lid to create a van-like storage space.
Technology and Safety
Ford have implemented a series of safety technologies when creating the S-MAX, because ensuring families get to their destination securely and stress-free is top priority. Features that helped the S-MAX secure a 5 star Euro NCAP rating include:
- Electronic Stability Control & Traction Control
- Advanced Intelligent Protection System (IPS)
- Airbag system that incorporates front seat pelvic and thorax airbags
Safety isn't the only focus, a series of desirable technologies have been fitted to the S-MAX to make daily driving easier and more enjoyable. Features include:
- Smart seating system for ultimate flexibility
- Ford KeyFree System
- Specially designed ergonomic seats that are certified by AGR (campaign for healthier backs)
- FordPass Connect that can pair with the FordPass mobile phone app
Economy and Performance
The latest computers and technologies aren't restricted to the cabin of the S-MAX, because Ford have made their latest range of diesel engines available to owners.
Plain and simply, there are two variants of a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine for you to choose from, both of which offer flexible power delivery and high efficiency. The 150 bhp variant is more than ample for mixed driving, although we're sure there are those among you who will appreciate the extra punch that comes with the 190 bhp version.
Both engines are available with a six-speed manual gearbox that is slick and quiet. However, there is the option to spec an eight-speed automatic gearbox on either engine, which is a welcome addition in city traffic.
Standard features on Zetec models include:
- 17" multi-spoke alloy wheels
- Daytime running lights
- Ford Clearview Front Wiper System
- Ford SYNC 3 DAB Radio/CD Audio System, 8" colour touchscreen, 8 speakers, voice control & Applink, Android Auto/Apple Carplay, 2 USB ports, eCall and FordPass
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Cruise control
- ISOFIX attachment for each second row seat
- Automatic wipers
Features in addition/replacement to Zetec:
- 17" 5x2-spoke alloy wheels
- Front LED fog lights
- LED daytime running lights
- Automatic headlights with auto high beam
- Rear privacy glassFord DAB Navigation System
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Front seat back table trays
- Ford KeyFree System with Ford Power starter button
Specification in addition/replacement to Titanium:
- 18" 10-spoke alloy wheels
- Body kit (includes unique front and rear bumpers, fog lights, upper and lower grille)
- Rear spoiler
- Red brake calipers
- Sports suspension
- Heated steering wheel
- 8-way power and variable heated front seats
- Memory driver's seat
- Aluminium sports pedals
- Dark themed interior
Specification in addition/replacement to ST-Line:
- 19" 10-spoke alloy wheels
- Adaptive Lighting with Ford Dynamic LED headlights and glare-free high beam
- Rear-view camera
- Power tailgate
- Ford SYNC 3 Premium Sony DAB Navigation System with 12 speakers
- Premium perforated leather trim
- Climate controlled front seats
- 10-way power multi-contour front seats with massage
- Active Noise Control
Test Drive the Ford S-MAX
It's hard to go wrong with the Ford S-MAX if you're after a practical family car that is convenient, efficient and well-connected. Throw into the mix that there are a number of driver aids and safety technologies helping to make every journey stress-free, and you have a very fine companion for daily life.
You can explore our latest S-Max offers by going to the top of this page. However, if you fancy a test drive before you consider one, then you can do just that at your nearest Evans Halshaw retailer.