Mechanical and Electrical Guarantee
You are only covered for the parts listed in this guarantee. You are covered up to the limits shown on the schedule. Your guarantee does not cover more than the manufacturers list price. Your Guarantee Administrator may insist that your repairer uses exchanged or reconditioned parts to affect a repair. The repairer must not start any repairs without being authorised by the Guarantee Administrator who will issue a claim authorisation number. Please ensure your claim authorisation number is clearly stated on all correspondence including the repair invoice.
The extra benefits listed below will be provided if you suffer a mechanical or electrical breakdown as described above and as a result you are left without the use of your vehicle. These benefits will not be provided if your vehicle suffers a breakdown or undergoes repairs not covered by this guarantee.
This guarantee will pay up to £30 a day (including VAT), for up to 7 days, towards the cost of hire of a replacement vehicle, provided that the hire of the replacement vehicle has been authorised in advance by your Guarantee Administrator and is necessary because of your vehicle being repaired under this guarantee.
a. This guarantee will not cover the cost of hire of a replacement vehicle for the first 24 hours that you are without the use of your vehicle or during any delay the repairer may have waiting for parts or commencing repairs. Please also note that car hire will only come into force if the actual repair time is over 8 hours.
b. The cost of fuel and insurance for the replacement vehicle is not covered.
This guarantee is valid for up to 60 days per annum for driving in the European Union. This guarantee will provide cover up to the equivalent UK costs for parts and labour.
Should your vehicle breakdown away from home leaving you immobile and your vehicle cannot be repaired on the same day once recovered, a maximum of £150.00 inc. VAT may be claimed towards the cost of overnight accommodation or rail fare home, expenses. Providing the breakdown results in a valid claim under the terms of the guarantee. Costs of meals and beverages are not included.
Vehicle hire, overnight accommodation and rail fare will form part of the overall claim amount as stated on the schedule. All payments under Additional Benefits are inclusive of VAT, and will only be considered on production of a VAT receipt.
This guarantee will remain valid only where the vehicle is serviced after purchase in accordance with the
manufacturers recommended service schedule, by a Evans Halshaw/Stratstone group dealer or a VAT registered
repairer. It is your responsibility to establish the vehicle manufacturers service requirements and to comply with them.
If your vehicle cannot be serviced at the correct time, you must write and tell the Guarantee Administrator, at Pendragon Contracts, Pendragon House, Sir Frank Whittle Road, Derby, DE21 4AZ, by recorded delivery specifying the reason why the service requirements cannot be complied with. A maximum allowance of 1,000 miles or 30 days is allowed either side of the stipulated service interval.
Proof of servicing must be provided by way of a detailed VAT invoice showing the registration number, servicing date and the mileage of your vehicle.
Terms and Conditions
- No repairs are to be instructed or commenced until authorised by the Guarantee Administrator. The cost of any repairs instructed or commenced prior to such authorisation will not be covered by this guarantee. This guarantee reserves the right to examine the vehicle prior to repair and subject damaged parts to expert assessment.
- The limit granted by this guarantee relates to and shall not exceed the manufacturers list prices for parts and labour costs necessarily incurred or replacement of those items as described in this guarantee up to the maximum liability stated. The cost of such claims will include VAT provided that the guarantee holder is not registered for VAT purposes. The VAT of any claim will not be paid where the warranty holder is a VAT registered company or individual.
- If any repairs cost more than the maximum cover supplied by this guarantee the excess payment shall be the sole responsibility of the owner of the vehicle covered by this guarantee.
- If any claim is fraudulent in any respect all benefits under this guarantee will be forfeited and this guarantee will become immediately invalid.
- Where any loss has arisen which may give rise to a claim against a third party, the Guarantee Administrator shall be entitled to undertake in the name of and on behalf of the guarantee holder, the absolute conduct, control and settlement of any proceedings and to take proceedings at its own expense and for its own benefit but in the name of the guarantee holder to recover compensation or secure indemnity from any third party in respect of any item.
- Unless the full payment for this guarantee (as specified on the application form) has been received by your Guarantee Administrator in cleared funds this guarantee is invalid.
- This guarantee shall not be in any way altered, varied, or its terms amended, by any statement or representation made by the dealer or the administrators.
- This guarantee is not cancellable or refundable. In the case where the vehicle has been written off, it is at the discretion of the Guarantee Administrator whether this policy can be transferred to another vehicle.
- This policy is only valid to the registered keeper of the vehicle listed on the schedule.
- This guarantee may be transferred to a new private owner at the sole discretion of your Guarantee
- Administrator. Please refer to the attached Transfer of Ownership form for further details.
- In no case does this guarantee apply to taxis, self drive hire, driving schools, vans or any commercial vehicle, vehicles used for hire and reward or any other commercial or business use, vehicles used in any sort of competitions, rallies, pace making or off road use.
Below are certain words that have specific meaning and whenever these words appear they have the following meaning:
Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance means the breakdown service provided by the Evans Halshaw Guarantee
Contractor means any person who we use to provide the services described in this document.
Vehicle means the Vehicle specified on the Evans Halshaw Guarantee schedule.
The Party/Your Party means the persons travelling in the Vehicle and up to a maximum of seven passengers.
Period of Entitlement means the period during which Your Vehicle is entitled to breakdown assistance which will be for the period of this guarantee.
United Kingdom means England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
We/Our/Us means Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance and/or any third party acting on our behalf.
You/Your/Driver means the owner of the Vehicle and any other person driving the Vehicle with the owner’s consent.
Weight and Size Restrictions
Maximum Vehicle Weight: All Vehicles: 3.5 tonnes (3,500kg) gross Vehicle weight
Maximum Vehicle Width: 7ft 6in (2.3m)*
* In addition, assistance will be provided for a caravan or trailer which was on tow at the time of breakdown provided always that any such caravan or trailer falls within the above limits. A caravan or trailer of a length of greater than 18ft (5.5m) but not exceeding 26ft (8m) will be recovered provided that this can be done safely under tow.
If Your Vehicle has a breakdown, please follow these simple steps:
Telephone Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance on the following number:
0800 072 0262
Provide Your Details to the operator.
Advise the operator of the location of the Vehicle, the nature of any fault, and provide any other information requested by the operator.
It is important that You contact us if You require assistance - if You contact a garage direct, You will have to settle the bill and we will be under no obligation to reimburse You.
- Roadside Assistance is available if You are stranded on the highway more than a quarter of a mile from Your home address following a breakdown.
- If, following a breakdown, a Contractor cannot fix Your Vehicle within a reasonable time, it will be taken to Our choice of appropriate local repairer or, alternatively, to a local destination of Your choice, provided it is no further.
It is then Your responsibility to instruct the repairer to make any repairs required. Any contract for repair will be between You and the repairer, and it is Your responsibility to pay them.
We do not guarantee that any recovery to an appropriate local repairer will be within the opening hours of the repairer or that the repairer will be immediately available to undertake any required repair.
What is not included
_ Assistance following an accident or non - Vehicle faults.
_ Roadside Assistance does not assist with any additional transport or other costs that You might incur, whether as a result of Your Vehicle being towed or otherwise.
_ No assistance will be provided following a breakdown attended by the police or other emergency service, until the services concerned have authorised the vehicle’s removal. If the police or emergency service concerned insist on immediate recovery by a third party, the cost of this must be met by You. Matters excluded under General Terms of Contract are also not covered.
- Assistance from home provides access to assistance when Your Vehicle is immobilised following a breakdown at or within a 1/4 of a mile of Your home address.
- If, following a breakdown, a prompt local repair is not possible, Your Vehicle will be taken to Our choice of appropriate local repairer or, alternatively, to a destination of Your choice, provided it is no further. It is then Your responsibility to instruct the repairer to make any repairs required.
Any contract for repair will be between You and the repairer, and it is Your responsibility to pay them. We do not guarantee that any recovery to an appropriate local repairer will be within the opening hours of the repairer or that the repairer will be immediately available to undertake any required repair.
What is not included
- Assistance following an accident or non-Vehicle faults.
- Roadside Assistance does not assist with any additional transport or other costs that You might incur, whether as a result of Your Vehicle being towed or otherwise.
- No assistance will be provided following a breakdown attended by the police or other emergency service, until the services concerned have authorised the Vehicle’s removal. If the police or emergency service concerned insist on immediate recovery by a third party, the cost of this must be met by You. Matters excluded under General Terms of Contract are also not covered.
- Recovery is available if You are stranded on the highway more than a quarter of a mile from home following a breakdown and we cannot arrange a local repair within a reasonable time.
- Recovery provides recovery of an immobilised Vehicle (including a caravan or trailer which was on tow at the time subject to length restrictions), to a single destination of Your choice on the UK mainland or in Northern Ireland. If there are more people than the driver and seven passengers, We will seek to arrange, but will not pay for, their onward transportation.
After Your Vehicle has been recovered, any subsequent repairs will be at Your cost.
PLEASE NOTE : It is also Your responsibility to arrange and pay for the Vehicle’s collection, should that be necessary.
What is not included
- The recovery of any Vehicle which is at or within a quarter of a mile Your home address.
- The recovery of any Vehicle that We consider would be dangerous (including but not limited to overladen Vehicles) or illegal for Us to load or transport.
- No assistance will be provided following a breakdown attended by the police or other emergency service, until the services concerned have authorised the Vehicle’s removal. If the police or emergency service concerned insist on immediate recovery by a third party, the cost of this must be met by You. Any incidental expenses that may arise during a recovery.
- Recovery of caravans or trailers exceed length restrictions - Recovery of caravans or trailers if your vehicle is mobile - The recovery of horses or livestock.
- Ferry costs
Matters excluded under General Terms of Contract are also not covered.
- The breakdown services provided to You under the Evans Halshaw Guarantee (Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance) are available when an eligible Vehicle is stranded following a breakdown in the United Kingdom.
Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance does not provide cover for non-essential repairs. Nor must Evans Halshaw
Guarantee Assistance be used in place of regular servicing.
- Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance reserves the right to refuse to provide or arrange breakdown assistance if the Driver is not present at the scene of the breakdown or accident and/or is unable to be present at the time assistance arrives.
- While Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance seeks to meet the service needs of customers at all times, its resources are finite and this may not always be possible. Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance shall not be liable for service failures where Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance is faced with circumstances outside its reasonable control. Events which might constitute circumstances outside reasonable control include (but are not limited to) Acts of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, acts of government or authority (including the refusal or revocation of any licence or consent), fire, subsidence, explosion, flood, snow, fog or other bad weather conditions, vehicle, equipment or systems failures, shortages of fuel or other necessary supplies, failure of telecommunications lines or systems, default of suppliers or sub-contractors, theft, malicious damage, strike, lock out or industrial action of any kind.
- Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance aims to provide emergency breakdown assistance and will utilise the services of our nominated Contractor who is trained and equipped to carry out emergency road repairs. The nominated Contractor will not carry out major vehicle servicing repairs or reassembly, for example, where they are required as a result of neglect or unsuccessful work on the vehicle other than on the part of the Contractor or their agent.
- Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance reserves the right to refuse service where, in its reasonable opinion:
(i) The eligible Vehicle concerned was, immediately before the breakdown or accident, dangerous, overladen or unroadworthy
(ii) The provision of services would involve any breach of the law (including, but not limited to, any breach of road traffic regulations or health and safety provisions)
(iii) Or there has been an unreasonable delay in reporting the breakdown. Where service has been refused as a result of your vehicle being deemed dangerous, overladen or unroadworthy, Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance will seek to arrange but will not pay, to have it removed to a repairer.
- Our Contractors are trained and equipped to carry out emergency roadside repairs. In addition, completion of an emergency repair cannot be taken to any way guarantee the general roadworthiness of the eligible Vehicle concerned.
- If the eligible Vehicle cannot be repaired, either by our Contractor or their Agent, on the highway (or under Home Start at ‘the Drivers’ home address) and the vehicle has to be recovered to a garage, You must meet all subsequent repair costs.
- It is important that you contact Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance if you breakdown - if you contact a garage direct, whether an Agent or not, you will have to settle their bill and Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance will be under no obligation to reimburse you.
- Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance will only accept responsibility for the actions of an Agent where the Agent is acting on the instructions of Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance and is providing assistance to an eligible Vehicle.
- The following areas are not covered by Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance:
- Routine maintenance and running repairs, such as fixing faulty radios, interior light bulbs, heated rear windows; Any costs of spare parts, petrol, oil, keys, or other materials and garage or other labour required to repair your vehicle; Any cost or charges connected with the drainage or removal of fuel, lubricants or other fluids due to the introduction of an inappropriate fluid. It is Your responsibility to instruct the repairer as to the work required.
- Any contract for repair will be between You and the repairer.
- If Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance considers that a locksmith, body-glass or tyre specialist is needed, it will endeavour to arrange their help on your behalf. Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance, however will not pay for the services and the contract for repair will be between you and the repairer. Further, if use of a locksmith or other specialist would in the opinion of Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance, mobilise the vehicle, no further service will be available for the breakdown in question.
- Vehicles not displaying the relevant road fund licence or which do not have a current MoT certificate (if applicable);
- Any additional charges resulting from your failure to carry a legal and serviceable spare wheel(s) or tyre(s).
- Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance will endeavour to arrange assistance from a third party on your behalf, but will not pay for the cost of the call-out or any repair.
The initial recovery of a broken down vehicle when it has left the highway, is in a ditch, standing on soft ground, sand or shingle, or when it is stuck in snow or water or which has been immobilised by the removal of its wheels. We will endeavour to arrange, but not pay for, any specialised assistance needed to recover the vehicle.
Once the vehicle is back on the highway, normal Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance will be provided under the service entitlement; Providing service to the Vehicle when it is on private property, for example garage premises. Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance will be entitled to refuse service unless You can establish to its satisfaction that permission has been given by the relevant owner or occupier; Any personal transport costs in the provision of service and Recovery service cover to such number of persons as exceed the number of seats which are fitted in the relevant immobilised eligible Vehicle at the time of breakdown, or to anyone who was not, at such time, travelling in such eligible Vehicle; Caravan and Trailers are not covered for assistance or recovery under this guarantee. Recovery can only be provided in the event your vehicle becomes immobile. Any ferry or toll charges levied in relation to the vehicle which is being towed or recovered.
- Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance shall be entitled to assume that the driver of an eligible Vehicle has the authority to request the provision of Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance.
- In the event that you require vehicle recovery following a road traffic accident, Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance can provide this for you at your request but will not be responsible for meeting the cost involved.
- Please note that, following a road traffic accident, or otherwise, it is and remains your responsibility to ensure that you properly comply with any requirements of your motor insurance in making a claim under your motor insurance policy.
- Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance has the right, at any time, to refuse service to, or to refuse to arrange service for, any person otherwise entitled to Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance service under cover where it reasonably considers that they;
a) Or anyone accompanying any such person, is behaving or has behaved in a threatening or abusive manner to an employee, our Contractors or agents, or
b) Has falsely represented that they are entitled to services that they are not entitled to; or
c) Has assisted another person in accessing Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance services to which they are not entitled; or
d) Owes money with respect to any services, spare parts or other matters provided by our Contractors or by a third party agent.
- Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions, on the giving of reasonable notice, where it reasonably considers it necessary to do so in order for the services it supplies to comply with any changes in the law or regulations applicable thereto.
- Evans Halshaw Guarantee Assistance shall not, in any event, and to the extent permitted by law, have any responsibility for any increased costs or expense, for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenue or anticipated savings or for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred as a result of or in connection with any service provided.