In these terms, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
a. “Participating Dealership” means one of the motor vehicle dealerships owned and operated by the Pendragon PLC group of companies, including but not limited to those trading as Evans Halshaw, Stratstone, Runabouts, Evans Halshaw Motorhouse or Evans Halshaw Car Store which are listed on www.evanshalshaw.com/sell-your-car or www.stratstone.com/sell-your-car at the date you wish to make your appointment under clause 4.
b. “Vehicle” means the passenger car (being a car intended for the carriage of passengers excluding light commercial vehicles such as small vans and pick-up trucks,commercial vehicles and Trade Vehicles) that you wish and are legally entitled to sell;
c. “Appraisal” means a true report of the condition and prior use history of the Vehicle recording all material information including (but not limited to):
- Any exterior or interior damage;
- Any mechanical issues;
- Whether it runs;
- Its mileage;
- Whether it has been used for private hire, driving tuition, police car;
- The date and country of first registration and whether it is an import;
- The service history;
- The number of previous owners;
- The MOT and how many months remain until it is next due for an MOT;
- Whether it has ever been an insurance write off of any category;
- The number of keys;
- Any personalised registration plate;
d. “Offer” has the meaning set out in clause 8.
e. “Trade Vehicle” means a motor vehicle of any kind normally used on public roads which is being offered for sale by a commercially operating motor dealer, group, business or person or which the participating Dealership reasonably believes is being offered for sale for commercial gain.