Introducing the Ford Focus ST
Fast Fords have an iconic legacy. The humble Ford Fiesta ST is part of this legacy, after first appearing back in 2004. The ST took the success of past Fast Fords and presented it in a modern, compact, affordable, and popular hatchback body - with added performance and flair.
The first Fiesta ST hot hatch was born, carrying on the hot hatchback popularity which started in the late eighties. Fast forward to today and the current Fiesta ST is as popular as ever, sporting enhanced performance, clever practicality and pin-sharp style, all wrapped up in a compact and much-loved hot hatchback package.
Discover more about what makes the current Ford Fiesta ST such a bona fide performance hero below.
Engines and Performance
The beauty about a hot hatchback is its no-nonsense nature. And with that firmly in mind the Fiesta ST has its own 'one size fits all' approach, with one perfectly chosen engine, fuel and transmission choice.
Power comes from an all-new, three-cylinder 1.5-litre EcoBoost engine producing just under 200bhp, with 290Nm of torque. This means 0-62mph is dealt with in just 6.5 seconds. This is achieved with the help of an engaging 6-speed manual gearbox with launch control, for fun, full-bore take offs and to maximise off the line acceleration.
And despite all the punchy performance and the characterful driving experience, the Fiesta ST can still achieve over 40mpg. It is a humble Ford Fiesta after all.
Chassis and Handling
A hot hatch has to provide a fun and engaging driving experience, luckily with the playful Fiesta ST, this has all been taken care of properly.
A Quaife limited-slip differential keeps the handling and chassis neat and tidy, and gives the ST a pointy front-end for a crisp turn in. The chassis is stiff, but not so much so that it ruins the ride. It merely indicates the ST's sporty nature and excitement.
Keeping you glued to the road, each Fiesta ST leaves the factory on super-sticky Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, giving this little hot hatch superb levels of grip. Interestingly, these tyres are usually reserved for much more powerful and expensive cars, showing just how well regarded the ST is.
Technology and Drive Modes
The Fiesta ST features a plethora of tech, including a central 8-inch touchscreen. The infotainment system features Ford SYNC 3 satellite-navigation, allowing owners to speak commands for an easier and more convenient driving experience.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are also a standard feature on the Fiesta ST. If you opt for the range-topping ST-3 you also receive a B&O Premium Audio System, for an enhanced in-car audio and technology experience.
It wouldn't be a modern performance car without some interchangeable driving modes for good measure too. Drivers can enjoy the ST's multiple characters thanks to the choice of Normal, Sport and Track mode, meaning you can tailor each drive to suit your mood and preference.
Fiesta ST Models
Key features additional to ST-Line Edition
- 17-inch ST 5-spoke alloy wheels with machined finish
- LED projector headlamps, with LED daytime running lights
- Dual chrome exhaust
- Unique ST grille, rear bumper with diffuser and scuff plates
- Recaro seats with fabric trim and blue detailing
- Ford SYNC 3 Navigation with 8-inch touchscreen and FordPass Connect
- Manual Air-Con
- Floor mats front and rear with blue stitching
- ST Flat Bottom Leather steering wheel with blue stitching
- Leather handbrake with blue stitching
- Seat belts with blue detailing
- Selectable drive modes - Normal, Sport, Track
- Thatcham Alarm
Key features additional to ST-2:
- 18-inch ST 5-spoke alloy wheels with machined finish
- Recaro leather sports seats with grey and silver detailing
- Driver assistance features 4.2-inch TFT instrument cluster screen, Traffic Sign Recognition, Auto High Beam & Driver Alert
- Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)
- B&O Premium Audio system with 360 degree sound
- Ford KeyFree system with Keyless entry
- Red brake calipers
- Floor mats front and rear with grey stitching
- ST flat bottom steering wheel with grey stitching
- Leather handbrake with grey stitching
- Rear view camera with rear parking sensors
- Heated front seats and steering wheel
- Performance pack - LSD, Launch control, shift indicators
- Wireless charging
ST Ford Performance Edition
Key features additional to ST-3:
- 18" Ford Performance Alloy Wheel (Magnetite Finish)
- Unique Deep Orange Paint
- Power-foldable door mirrors with puddle lights
- Driver and Passenger Front Seat Adjustable Lumbar Support
- Rain Sensing Wipers & Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
- Recaro Partial Leather Sports Front Seats (w. grey/silver detailing)
- Rear Privacy Glass
- Centre Console with armrest & illuminated cupholders
Test Drive the Ford Fiesta ST
Creating a fast, hot, sporty version of the UK's best-selling car was always going to be a positive move. It's a formula that has worked for many generations. Give a small car more power, sporty looks and cool features - and it takes off, and it has done with the Fiesta ST - quite literally.
What's more, with the car being from Ford, you get the legacy and heritage of a fast ford, meaning character, street-cred, style and performance are all guaranteed. The icing on the cake of it being a Ford is it also has a superb affordability aspect to it also, as demonstrated by our latest offers.
Want to find out more, or book a test drive? Contact your local Evans Halshaw Ford retailer today.