Terms and Conditions of Evans Halshaw Sell Your Car Price Guarantee © Pendragon PLC 2014
In these terms, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:-
a. “Participating Evans Halshaw Dealership” means one of the motor vehicle dealerships owned and operated by the Pendragon PLC group of companies, including but not limited to those trading as Evans Halshaw, Runabouts, Evans Halshaw Motorhouse, Evans Halshaw Car Store or Quicks which are listed on www.evanshalshaw.com/sell_your_car at the date you wish to make your appointment under clause 4.
b. “Vehicle” means the passenger car (being a car intended for the carriage of passengers excluding light commercial vehicles such as small vans and pick-up trucks and commercial vehicles) that you wish and are legally entitled to sell;
c. “Price” has the meaning set out in clause 8;
d. “Guarantee” is the guarantee that Participating Evans Halshaw Dealers will offer to purchase the Vehicle in accordance with the formula set out at clause 11, and the provisions of clauses 12, 13 and 14;
e. “Appraisal” means a true report of the condition and prior use history of the Vehicle recording all material information including (but not limited to):
i. Any exterior or interior damage;
ii. Any mechanical issues;
iii. Whether it runs;
iv. Its mileage;
v. Whether it has been used for private hire, driving tuition, rental, police car;
vi. The date and country of first registration and whether it is an import;
vii. The service history;
viii. The number of previous owners;
ix. The MOT and how many months remain until it is next due for an MOT;
x. Whether it has ever been an insurance write off of any category;
xi. The number of keys;
xii. Any personalised registration plate; and
f. “Offer” has the meaning set out in clause 10.
2. These are the terms and conditions that apply to the exclusion of all others (including any verbal statement or representation) to the Guarantee.
3. Evans Halshaw will honour the Guarantee only if these Terms and Conditions have been complied with in full.
4. You must make an appointment at a Participating Evans Halshaw Dealership via www.evanshalshaw.com/sell_your_car or by calling 03333236399
5. You must attend the appointment with the Vehicle and bring all paperwork relevant to the Vehicle including the V5C, proof of ownership, and evidence of any service history.
6. You must provide photographic proof of identity and proof of address being a utility bill or bank statement in each case being less than 3 months old at the date of your appointment.
7. The Vehicle must be subject to an Appraisal at the Evans Halshaw Participating Dealership, its condition recorded on an appraisal sheet and signed by you and us.
8. We will use the Appraisal to enter the Vehicles details into www.webuyanycar.com to obtain its on- line valuation, based on the Appraisal (“the Price”).
9. No other valuations shall be accepted by us or applicable to the Guarantee.
10. The Price will be sent by the Participating Evans Halshaw Dealership to its central pricing team who will issue an offer to purchase the Vehicle (“the Offer”).
11. The Offer will be greater than the Price after deduction of any applicable fees or charges that www.webuyanycar.com would apply as set out in their terms and conditions published at the time of the Offer. This means that if the Price were £10,000 and www.webuyanycar.com would apply a fee of £50, reducing the amount they would pay you, the Offer will exceed the Price, less the deductible fee, and you would be offered more than £9,950.
12. The Offer will be valid for seven days from the date of issue providing the Vehicle remains in materially the same condition as set out in the Appraisal.
13. If you accept the Offer, a purchase order will be raised which you must sign and the sum set out in the Offer paid to your nominated bank account by Bacs within three working days from the date that the purchase order is signed by you. Same day payment may be made if requested by 3.00 pm on the day you wish payment to be made and a £15 fee will be applied. This fee will not count towards the price made in our Offer and will shall not be included in, or applicable to any comparison calculations for the purposes of the Guarantee.
14. The Guarantee may be withdrawn at any time following, but not before the cessation of any advertising campaign.
15. A person who is not a party to the Guarantee shall not have any rights under or in connection with it and the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are expressly excluded.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
17. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect or limit your statutory rights as a consumer.