1. Enter your car details
2. Select a service centre
3. Choose your service type
4. Select a date
5. Personal details
Or book by calling us on 0333 323 7155
Book your MOT
Why use Evans Halshaw for my MOT test?
We’re dedicated to making things convenient for you. We’ve got approved MOT test centres nationwide so there’s bound to be one in a location to suit you. Where available we can even provide you with a courtesy car or collect your car from your house or place of work and drop it off again.
Our fully trained vehicle technicians are on hand to give you accurate honest advice and ensure your vehicle can pass through its MOT as smoothly as possible.
Call 0333 323 7155 now to find out more about Evans Halshaw MOT Tests or book online.
Book your MOT today
MOT test preparation tips
The overall condition, age and mileage are all factors that may impact the chances of an MOT ‘pass’.There are however some simple tips to prepare your car for its MOT.
This list will help keep you from failing an MOT on something that could have been solved beforehand.
- Check your wipers are working and that your washer fluid is topped up.
- Check your windscreen for damage - many insurance companies allow windscreen replacement without it affecting your no claims bonus
- Check that the horn and all lights, indicators, hazards are working
- Check your tyres’ thread is above 1.6mm as this is the legal limit. It’s also important to check the tyres aren’t damaged in anyway as well
- Check the pressure levels of your tyres are correct - your car's manual will list the correct levels
- Check that your seat belts are in good condition and work properly
- Ensure your boot is not full - Technicians may need to look into the boot to examine the rear suspension mounting
- Make sure there isn’t any bodywork damage that has left exposed jagged edges as this can result in failing the check. You can book an appointment at any Evans Halshaw Body Shop Repair Centre to organise a bodywork inspection.
Click here for some helpful videos on how to check your car.
If you can find an identical service or repair at a competitor business within a 5-mile radius outside Evans Halshaw Group for less, within 5 days of the date of your service invoice, we will refund the difference in price. Claims submitted under the Price Guarantee must be accompanied by a genuine written quotation from the competitor business. Retail customers only.
Evans Halshaw experience
We’ll provide you with complimentary MOT and service reminders, contacting you as soon as they're due so it’s one less thing to remember.
At Evans Halshaw we perform a complimentary Vehicle Health Check at every visit, if your technician discovers an issue, they will show you exactly what they have identified by sending a video to you, so you can see exactly what needs doing without having to just take our word for it.
If you do need something repaired to pass your MOT we’ll never be beaten on price. If you find the same service or repair for less within 5 days, we will pay you the difference. Take a look at our Price Guarantee for more details. No work will ever be carried out without your approval.
For more about the Evans Halshaw Experience click the button below.
The Evans Halshaw Experience
When do I need an MOT?
You can renew your MOT up to 1 month before it expires and it won’t affect your annual expiry date.
Why do I need an MOT?
If your car is 3 years old and over then by law it’s required to have passed an annual MOT test no more than 12 months ago. Without an MOT certificate you won’t be able to tax your car and your insurance might not be valid. Passing an MOT also ensures minimum safety and environmental standards are met.
Where can I get an MOT?
You can get an MOT at any approved VOSA MOT Centres. Evans Halshaw have 120 test centres spread across the UK
What does MOT stand for and is it an MOT Test or just an MOT?
MOT stands for Ministry of Transport, so it’s actually an MOT Test not just an MOT.
Need help booking an MOT?
You can click on the Chat Now button on the right of your screen (bottom of the screen for mobiles) and talk to one of our advisors who will book an appointment for you.
Or call 0333 323 7155 to book an MOT at your nearest Evans Halshaw dealer.
Chat Now is available from:
09:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday
09:00 - 12:00 Saturday
Book an MOT online
Calls to 0333 numbers cost the same as calling a landline; even when you are using a mobile. Calls are also included in FREE minutes with landline and mobile contracts.