Sell Your Car- FAQ
To help you through the process of selling your car, we’ve detailed a few frequently asked questions below. We’ve broken them down into the 3 main parts of your time with us. However should you not find an answer to your question please contact our team on 03333 236399 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you pay me more than webuyanycar.com?
Simple.Third party online valuation tools take a cut before selling your car onto an auction house, who then take a cut before selling on to a Dealership. By coming direct you can cut out the middlemen so that we can pay you more.
How do you work out the Valuation?
Our valuations are generated based on the mileage and vehicle details that you provide and the following assumptions that we make about your car.
- Your car is not an import i.e. it is registered in the U.K. and it is right hand drive.
- It has over 6 months MOT.
- It has never been subject to an insurance write off or used for driving tuition, rental, private hire or as a police vehicle.
- It has no damage, either mechanical or cosmetic.
- You have 2 sets of keys for the car.
- You are the 1st registered keeper.
- Your car has a full service history.
What happens if webuyanycar.com’s online price is higher than the valuation you emailed me?
Not a problem, we guarantee to beat webuyanycar.com’s online value* so if their price is higher than the one you receive from us in your email after a true condition report then that’s what we’ll pay.
How long is my valuation valid for?
Our valuations are valid for 7 days. We also include the date in your email along with the value and send you a reminder before it expires.
What should I expect to happen on the day?
- One of our Buying assistants will contact you so that you know where to find us and who will be looking after you.
- On the day our buying assistant will invite you to join them appraising and driving your car.
- We will then enter the details from your appraisal into webuyanycar.com to generate an online valuation using a true report of condition.
- Our buying assistant will then send all of this information to our Sell Your Car buying team.
- Once the buying team have reviewed your car this will be sent to your buying assistant who will present you with our offer.
- This is then valid for 7 days
- If you go ahead, then your buying assistant will create your payment pack from the documents requested in your appointment email.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Your car - It may sound obvious, but to be able to appraise your car we’ll need to see it. You will also need to be able to get your car to the appointment.
- The V5 logbook/registration certificate - This must be registered in the name of the current keeper. If the V5 logbook/registration certificate is still in the owner's maiden name, you will need to bring a copy of your marriage certificate.
- Photo ID –accepted forms are Passport, warrant card or Drivers licence.
- Proof of address - accepted forms include a utility bill, Bank Statement, credit card statement or council tax letter dated within the last 3 months. These must match the name and address on the vehicle logbook.
- All service history and MOT certificates if available.
- Both sets of car keys. Unless you've told us otherwise, the valuation provided assumes you have 2 sets of keys for your vehicle. If you've only got 1 key, the price we offer you after inspection may be reduced.
- Any extra items relating to your car. Such as Satellite Navigation disk or memory card, owners manuals, the locking wheel nut key if fitted key codes etc
- Finally your Bank details so that we can pay you for your car. The account has to be in the name of the registered keeper.
Selling to Us
Is there a transaction fee?
Certainly not. Unlike some other car buying services, there is no transaction fee if you decide to sell to us regardless of the value of your car.
Do I leave my car with you if I agree to sell?
Yes. Once you’ve agreed to sell your car to us you will leave your car with your buying assistant, who will organise your payment. So you will need to organise getting home, or we can arrange for a local taxi to come and collect you, just ask your buying assistant.
My car is a non-runner. Will you still buy it?
Yes! You will need to arrange getting your car down to us, and our buying assistant will take care of the rest.
Can I sell a car on behalf of someone who is deceased?
Yes, however there are different types of documentation required depending on your individual circumstance. To help you through this process please contact one of our team on 03333 236399 or email us at email@example.com
I have a cherished number on my car, can I still sell it?
We’re happy to buy your car with its cherished plate still on. However in the more likely event that you want to keep your plate, it’s easy to reassign it to another car or put it on retention. This would need to be done prior to selling your car to us to find out more about your personalised registration please visit the DVLA website on https://www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicle-registration-numbers/overview
I have outstanding finance. Can you still buy my car?
Of course. We deal with finance settlements every day, so can arrange the settlement of your current agreement. Our buying assistants will guide you through this process on the day, and the settlement amount will be deducted from the amount paid to you for the car.
I’ve lost my V5
We are unable to purchase any car without the original V5 document/logbook.
If you do not have one you can obtain a replacement from the DVLA via the following link. https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration-certificate-v5c-log-book
Will you collect my car?
Unfortunately we are unable to offer a collection service, so you will need to arrange getting your car to us.
Not found an answer to your question? Please contact our team on 03333 236399 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org